Where are printcaps/filters kept?

Post by Jim Viennnea » Sun, 24 Dec 1995 04:00:00

I'm trying to get my HP Deskjet working under Slackware 3.0. Where are
all the printcaps and filters kept? I can't seem to find them. Thanks in
advance for a pointer or two!

-jim

Post by Gregory Ross Saunder » Mon, 25 Dec 1995 04:00:00

> I'm trying to get my HP Deskjet working under Slackware 3.0. Where are
> all the printcaps and filters kept? I can't seem to find them. Thanks in
> advance for a pointer or two!

> -jim

There's a package called magic-filter on sunsite (or its mirrors) somewhere.

Its under /pub/Linux/system/Printing/magicfilter-1.1b.tar.gz

Its got a whole ton of filters - including one for the HP Deskjet which I
use.

Other than that -- the printcap file is in /etc, and as far as I know -- no
default filters come with Slackware -- although they could be hidden
somewhere I don't know about...

Greg