Best SCSI DVD-ROM drive that also works under Linux & WinNT 4.0?

Best SCSI DVD-ROM drive that also works under Linux & WinNT 4.0?

Post by Bill Gate » Mon, 24 May 1999 04:00:00

topic says it all, I want to go DVD and watch all the cool DVD movies on my
PC.... but IDE is terrible and I'm staying away from it..

Best SCSI DVD-ROM drive that also works under Linux & WinNT 4.0?

Post by George Sexto » Mon, 24 May 1999 04:00:00

The only SCSI DVD I have found is the Toshiba SD-M1201. They are $160 from
Megahaus.

> topic says it all, I want to go DVD and watch all the cool DVD movies on my
> PC.... but IDE is terrible and I'm staying away from it..

Best SCSI DVD-ROM drive that also works under Linux & WinNT 4.0?

Post by TM » Tue, 25 May 1999 04:00:00

Pioneer DVD-303S.

Quote:> topic says it all, I want to go DVD and watch all the cool DVD movies on
my
> PC.... but IDE is terrible and I'm staying away from it..

1. SCSI DVD-ROM drives (as CD)?

I'm aware that an IDE DVD-ROM drive (such as the ones by Creative)
will function perfectly well as an IDE CD-ROM drive under Linux...
but does the same principle hold true with SCSI?

I'm considering getting a Pioneer SCSI DVD-ROM drive, and I just
want to make sure it'll work (with few or no hassles) as a straight
SCSI CD-ROM drive under Linux (and other OS's w/o DVD drivers)...

(I would imagine it does but I figure it can't hurt to check, right?)

Thanks...
 Alex Taylor                  BA - CIS - University of Guelph

2. trying to compile apache

3. Best 1-2 GB SCSI-2 Hard Drive for Linux/WinNT

4. partition layout

5. Linux x DVD-ROM drive?

6. Whitch modem ???

7. Can Linux support DVD-ROM drives ?

8. Looking for 107465-02; Sun's patch policy

9. Linux and DVD-ROM drives?

10. DVD-ROM drive and Linux

11. Dell DVD-ROM drive under Linux

12. Linux and DVD-ROM drives?

13. HP CD-Writer CD-R/RW+DVD-ROM (9900ci) works with Linux