Quota on Raid1?

Post by Chuan We » Wed, 06 Jan 1999 04:00:00

Hi,

I have got two hard disks running on a raid1 system. And I want to implement the
quota system on top of it. The problem is what do I put in the fstab entry?? I
need to activate the raid1 first thru the /dev/md0, but I can't possibly put
that in the fstab entry, can I??

Any ideas on how I can get this going??

Thanks.

Quota on Raid1?

Post by Yves Schlege » Mon, 11 Jan 1999 04:00:00

Hi Chuan,

I'm sorry, I don't have an answer to your problem, but I have a problem myself
installing raid1 support on my system. I have to hard-disks with the partitions
sda1...3 and sdb1...3. sda1 is the boot partition, sda2 the swap, sda3 that one
which contains all data (mountpoint /).
Now I wanted to have sda3 and sdb3 as md0 with raid1. How can I do this? I'm using
S.u.S.E. 5.3 with kernel 2.0.35 I always get the error /dev/sda3 already busy.
Modprobe means, it couldn't load support for raid1, just for linear and raid0,
although it was compiled into the kernel.

I would be very happy, if you can give me some advice.

Sincerely, Yves

> Hi,

> I have got two hard disks running on a raid1 system. And I want to implement the
> quota system on top of it. The problem is what do I put in the fstab entry?? I
> need to activate the raid1 first thru the /dev/md0, but I can't possibly put
> that in the fstab entry, can I??

> Any ideas on how I can get this going??

> Thanks.

Quota on Raid1?

Post by Gary Momariso » Mon, 11 Jan 1999 04:00:00

> Hi Chuan,

> I'm sorry, I don't have an answer to your problem, but I have a problem myself
> installing raid1 support on my system. I have to hard-disks with the partitions

There's a bunch of RAID info (tutorials, HOWTOs, SW, etc.) in

Gary's Encyclopedia at http://www.aa.net/~swear/pedia/raid.html