: problem bootmanager Windows95/Linux

Post by Wim Van Paepege » Tue, 02 Dec 1997 04:00:00

Hello,

I have the following problem :
I have Red Hat Linux 4.2 and Windows 95 both installed on my computer.
Windows 95 is occupying my first harddrive and Linux the second one.
I used the Linux bootmanager to start up one of the operating systems.

Because of problems with Windows 95, I reinstalled that operating system,
that has overwritten the boot partition, so my Linux bootmanager has
disappeared and Windows 95 is started up directly while booting.

How can I reach my Linux operating system and re-install the bootmanager ?
Are there perhaps any shareware bootmanagers that can fix this problem ?
How can I solve this problem, can anybody help ?

Thanks in advance,

Wim Van Paepegem ------------------
University of Ghent, Belgium.

-----------------------------------

: problem bootmanager Windows95/Linux

Post by Uwe Bonne » Tue, 02 Dec 1997 04:00:00

: Hello,
:
: I have the following problem :
: I have Red Hat Linux 4.2 and Windows 95 both installed on my computer.
: Windows 95 is occupying my first harddrive and Linux the second one.
: I used the Linux bootmanager to start up one of the operating systems.
:
: Because of problems with Windows 95, I reinstalled that operating system,
: that has overwritten the boot partition, so my Linux bootmanager has
: disappeared and Windows 95 is started up directly while booting.
:
: How can I reach my Linux operating system and re-install the bootmanager ?
: Are there perhaps any shareware bootmanagers that can fix this problem ?
: How can I solve this problem, can anybody help ?
:
Boot Linux from disk and rerun lilo.

Bye

1. Printing from Windows95 on SCO Merge to a remote Windows95 printer

Problem:
How is possible to print from a Win95 session (or Word, Excel) running
on OpenServer 5.0.4p with Merge 4.0 to a printer attached to a Windows95
machine?

I tried the following:

-share the printer Brother HL-8 attached to the Win95 machine

-from the command line:

/usr/vision/visionfs/bin/visionfs print
//Win95_station_name/printer_shared_name

and the printer works.

-define a printer in Merge with the following configuration file:

attachtype=spooler
failureaction=warn
printercommand=/usr/vision/visionfs/bin/visionfs print
//Win95_station_name/printer_shared_name

command:
mrgadmin printer add pj:path_to_the_file:"long name of the printer"

-add a printer Brother HL-8 under Winodws95 on Merge:

type Brother HL-8 (as the remote printer is)
port: pj

Could anybody give me a suggestion?

--

Please REMOVE the anti-spam termination from the email address

2. cdrom drive plays 1 or 2 stereo channels, depending

3. os2 bootmanager and 2. disk (SCSI) linux problem

4. Collutions on 100MBit LAN

5. Partition unseen, OS/2 and Linux with BootManager problems

6. laptop screen display

7. Problem connecting Windows95 with Linux Samba over SSH

8. Help with kde 1.93!!!

9. Q: Windows95 and Linux Partition Problem

10. Problems Networking Windows95 and Linux

11. windows95 DUN/linux samba/tcp problems?

12. problems with connection to linux with ftp client on windows95.

13. Windows95+Linux, IDE+PCI+SCSI/ISA = boot problems!