PPP and Linux

Post by me074 » Fri, 10 Apr 1998 04:00:00

Hi,
I have a probled to submit:
I have been thinking to realize a small program that uses graphics, and I
wanted to load and show BMP and GIF files, icons, etc.
I want to write this program to learn new programming techniques, and I was
looking for ads ...
More exactly, using SVGALIB library (the one I am using now, and that I
want to continue using), I would like to know how to load into memory the
kind of images I was talking above,  after I have converted them, how to
write in graphics memory.
I think that for me the biggest problem could be writing into the video
memory these images, for I haven't the weakest idea
where to start from.. :-)
Could anybody be so kind to help me solve this problem?
I would be eternally grateful!!!

Thanks,

Francesco