How do I get anti-aliased fonts in xterms?

How do I get anti-aliased fonts in xterms?

Post by Brian Kend » Sun, 18 May 1997 04:00:00

I've gotten *ed to the beautiful anti-aliased text that Greg
Landweber's "SmoothType" extension
("http://www.veryComputer.com/;) gives me on my Mac; my
MkLinux fvwm2 display looks crude by comparison.

Is there any way to tell Linux to use anti-aliased fonts?  Either by
finding an anti-aliased font set somewhere, or by telling Linux to
anti-alias text as it goes?

--
_/_/_/   Be insatiably curious.                 Je ne suis fait comme aucun
/_/_/    Ask "why" a lot.                de ceux que j'ai vus; j'ose croire

     http://www.veryComputer.com/

1. My howto on getting Anti-aliased fonts to work with QT and Linux!

http://users.bigpond.net.au/xincent/ARTICLES/linuxaa.htm

Not a friendly address I know..
but at least its something :)

Feel free to send corrections, complaints, and good ol hate mail to me.

--
Xincent
Webmaster of..

2. Automake/Autoconf Questions

3. My howto on getting anti-aliased fonts to work with QT and Linux!

4. after pcmcia starts cardmgr , inetd hangs on boot

5. XFree86 4.1.0 and anti-aliased font support?

6. CDROM mounting problems

7. Inconsistent anti-aliased fonts

8. Can't compile ftape 2.08

9. Help with Anti-Aliased fonts XF 4.02

10. Anti-aliased fonts on RH 7.3

11. Problem with anti-aliased fonts in Solaris 9

12. Anti-Aliased fonts + KDE 2.0.1 ?

13. kde 3.0.0 truetype anti-aliased fonts problem