Trouble connect Redhat 4.0 with Cisco via PPP PAP authorization

Trouble connect Redhat 4.0 with Cisco via PPP PAP authorization

Post by éóá?× á??ò?ê ?×?????×é » Wed, 30 Jul 1997 04:00:00

         Here at trouble was formed which I not as can not decide :

         There is CISCO, at which authorizathion  of access of PPP
service.  My  username  US and password PW is carried out through PAP
and Linux RedHat 4.0. I'm write in /etc/ppp/pap-secrets :
---------------------------------------
# User   Server          Password
US       *       PW
---------------------------------------

         Also I start PPPD

pppd connect ...... auth +pap name US

         Authorizathion does not pass, and in log CISCO it be visible,
that RedHat tries to authorize the user US,  and not clearly to
authorize the user Cisco (This name my server CISCO) - and it at him(it)
and does not pass!!!

Isaev Andrey.

Trouble connect Redhat 4.0 with Cisco via PPP PAP authorization

Post by Frank Sweetse » Wed, 30 Jul 1997 04:00:00

Quote:>     Here at trouble was formed which I not as can not decide :

>     There is CISCO, at which authorizathion  of access of PPP
> service.  My  username  US and password PW is carried out through PAP
> and Linux RedHat 4.0. I'm write in /etc/ppp/pap-secrets :
> ---------------------------------------
> # User      Server          Password
> US          *       PW
> ---------------------------------------

>     Also I start PPPD

> pppd connect ...... auth +pap name US

>     Authorizathion does not pass, and in log CISCO it be visible,
> that RedHat tries to authorize the user US,  and not clearly to
> authorize the user Cisco (This name my server CISCO) - and it at him(it)
> and does not pass!!!

Check the PPP and chap docs - there's an option to disable authorizing the
remote host.

--
Windows: I can play Doom!              |RedHat Linux 2.0.31pre-2 i486
Linux: I can be a file server, be a Web|Because reboots are for upgrades!

1. Trouble connect Redhat 4.0 with Cisco via PPP PAP authorization

         Here at trouble was formed which I not as can not decide :

         There is CISCO, at which authorizathion  of access of PPP
service.  My  username  US and password PW is carried out through PAP
and Linux RedHat 4.0. I'm write in /etc/ppp/pap-secrets :
---------------------------------------
# User   Server          Password
US       *       PW
---------------------------------------

         Also I start PPPD

pppd connect ...... auth +pap name US

         Authorizathion does not pass, and in log CISCO it be visible,
that RedHat tries to authorize the user US,  and not clearly to
authorize the user Cisco (This name my server CISCO) - and it at him(it)
and does not pass!!!

Isaev Andrey.

2. iomega zip drive with solaris

3. Connecting via PPP witn a PnP modem to an ISP using PAP

4. g77/f77-Documentation

5. How to use PAP to connect via ppp?

6. Linux Crashes

7. Printing via IBM AIX to a Vt320 attached printer,thats connected via a Cisco 2512

8. IRC for SLIP connection

9. Connecting Linux to Windows NT 4.0 via PPP

10. PPP connects, pap connects, then nothing

11. Trouble connecting Linux RedHat 5.0 to Internet via cable modem.

12. CompuServe PPP dial-up via RedHat 4.0?

13. RedHat Linux 4.0 install via ppp-ftp