X-Suse Server for Permedia 2 based cards

Post by charles hulle » Sun, 10 May 1998 04:00:00

> Hi,

> Has anybody tried to run the X-SusE server for Permedia 2 based card
> (Diamond Fire GL 1000 Pro & Creative GB Extreme). I am in the process to
> upgrade my graphics card from S3 Virge to Permedia 2 based. But I just
> want to be sure that those card able to run X-Windows under Linux.
> Another thing, which one is better: Diamond or Creative card, since the
> prices are about the same? Last thing: anybody can send me the
> XF86Config file to me since I want to run X-Window after I install that
> card.

> Thanx and regards,

> Edgar

Edgar--

I have been using the X-SuSE-Elsa_GLoria server for Diamond FireGL 1000 Pro
on Redhat 5.0 and FreeBSD.Works great. No problems. You can get the
xserver  from www.suse.com. They provide  a modified xf86config card
database so you can config just like any other supported card.

I upgraded from an old 2MB S3 card. I'm very happy with the Diamond card.

charles

Post by Matt Kirsc » Fri, 15 May 1998 04:00:00

 > I've got it running, but cannot figure out how to get better than
640x480
 > resolution, can you post your XF85Config file so we can take a look
at it!

You're still using the XF86_VGA server.
Look in /usr/X11R6/bin, and see what file "X" is linked to.

Download the SuSE Permedia X server (www.suse.com) and their modified
xf86setup utility. Unless you have a funky monitor or a need to go
higher than 1024x768, you can choose your resolution from a menu, and it
will work just fine.

X-Suse Server for Permedia 2 based cards

Post by Jonas Geduld » Sat, 16 May 1998 04:00:00

Does Xsuse's server for permedia2 have 3d hardware support?