Safe Raw Sockets

Post by Michael D. Berger & Rosalie A. Clave » Mon, 14 Apr 2003 02:58:37

How can safe raw sockets be implemented on Linux RH8?
Thanks,
Mike.
--
Michael D. Berger

Safe Raw Sockets

Post by Andreas Wies » Mon, 14 Apr 2003 03:13:38

Quote:> How can safe raw sockets be implemented on Linux RH8?

What exactly are 'safe raw sockets' for you?

Regards,

awiese
--
E prendiamo ci per mano / sui dintorni della sera / lei ci porter
lontano / fra le luci dell' aurora / lascia fare tutto al cuore /

Safe Raw Sockets

Post by Michael D. Berger & Rosalie A. Clave » Mon, 14 Apr 2003 05:54:27

> > How can safe raw sockets be implemented on Linux RH8?

> What exactly are 'safe raw sockets' for you?

> Regards,

> awiese
> --
> E prendiamo ci per mano / sui dintorni della sera / lei ci porter
> lontano / fra le luci dell' aurora / lascia fare tutto al cuore /
> lascia dirgi leparole / lascia entrare / questa nuova realta
>   -- Konstantin Wecker / "Questa Nuova Realta"

I think another name for it is "protected raw socket".  I want to
send and receive ICMP packets in a process that does not have
root privileges.
Mike.

--
Michael D. Berger