? Displaying *.xpm files as destop background

? Displaying *.xpm files as destop background

Post by tantil » Fri, 03 Nov 1995 04:00:00

Hi,
        Does anyone know how to tile the desktop background in X windows using *.xpm
files?
        I know how to display *.xbm bitmap files and solid colors using
the xsetroot command, but I don't seem to be able to do this using *.xpm
pixel map files.
        You can write directly back to me if you want at:

Thanks a bunch!
Chris Tantillo

Post by Charlie Kempso » Sat, 04 Nov 1995 04:00:00

>Hi,
>    Does anyone know how to tile the desktop background in X windows using *.xpm
>files?
>    I know how to display *.xbm bitmap files and solid colors using
>the xsetroot command, but I don't seem to be able to do this using *.xpm
>pixel map files.
>    You can write directly back to me if you want at:

>Thanks a bunch!
>Chris Tantillo

Use xv thus (RTM):
xv -root -quit -rmode <X> <filename.ext>

or get xpmroot which will also do the trick (you
probably already have it as it comes with fvwm).

Charlie

1. RXVT binairy files with xpm background

I'm looking for RXVT color terminal compiled with the option --enable
xpm background in order to display any background on terminal. Because I
do not succeed to compiled the last realease version 6.0 with this
option because of false 'xpm library'.

Thanks for your prompt answer

2. olvwm binaries/conf files for linux?

3. How to create a transparent background xpm file?

4. mirroring striped-logical volumes in AIX 4.3

5. How to display xpm file in unix

6. xdos(emu)&Simcity?

7. Mac Destop displayed on X server?

8. Trouble with fgets/scanf

9. display prob: destop too big

10. RXVT and xpm backgrounds

11. Please help - Compiling rxvt with xpm backgrounds

12. Problem: RXVT with a background XPM

13. Q: modifying XPM-icons with XPAINT -> background colour??