Recommended graphics cards?

Post by Dan Swartzendrub » Sun, 08 May 1994 06:39:09

I'm running a 60Mhz Pentium.  Since I didn't have enough information
initially to decide which graphics card to get, I temporized by buying
a $30 VGA cheapo card, which is good enough to run VC's on.  I'm now
interested in making the move.  Given that my machine has 3 PCI slots,
1 of which is about to be occupied by a SCSI controller, and all of
my ISA slots are full (although I could obviously swap out the VGA
card and swap in an ISA-bus card), I have a slight preference for a
PCI-bus card.  Supposedly the ATI Ultra Pro PCI runs under the X Mach32
server with no problems.  The only thing is that I don't really have
good information about alternatives.  Someone suggested the Fahrenheit
1280 Plus (from Orchid), which is an ISA-bus card with reasonably good
performance.  I'd like to hear any and all opinions on this...

--

#include <std_disclaimer.h>

Dan S.