Linux Users Group at YSU for NE Ohio

Post by Steve DuChe » Mon, 22 Aug 1994 11:39:01

        We are in the beginning stages of organizing a Linux Users Group at
        Youngstown State University to promote the use of Linux, help each
        other with questions/problems, and to keep the group updated on Linux
        developments. We feel this should be open (as far as meeting attendance
        and possibly a newsletter(?)) to anyone interested from North-Eastern Ohio
        (and possibly western Pennsylvania). Interested parties should contact me
        at the address given below. Thanks.

--

| Youngstown State University  | Computer Science / Math / Mech. Eng.
|They all laughed at Albert Einstein. They all laughed at Columbus.
|Unfortunately, they also all laughed at Bozo the Clown.

1. Central Ohio Linux User Group March Meeting Announcement

MEETING NOTICE
==============

Central Ohio Linux Users Group

Date:      Wednesday, March 26, 7:00 PM to 9:00 PM local

Meeting Presentation
====================

The March meeting will feature a presentation on "Perl
Debugging Tips and Tools" by Stephen J. Smith.

As usual, problem machines and users may be brought in
for help, support, and last rites. The always popular
"stump the chump" and Q/A session will be welcome as well.

The upcoming meeting is open to the general public, and all
with an interest in Free Software, Open Source, Apache, MySQL,
Perl, PHP, sendmail, Linux, BSD, Unix, Windows, or whatever,
are invited.  Well ... maybe not Windows, except those in
recovery ...

MEETING SITE:
=============

The March 2003 meeting will be held at:

Ohio Civil Service Employees Association
390 Worthington Rd
Westerville, OH 43082

Directions can be found to the meeting location at

   http://www.colug.net/maps/ocsea.php

...The group has met on the LAST Wednesday or LAST Saturday of a
month, alternating by month to allow more folks to mesh their
schedules with COLUG's.  Sites and dates also depend on facility
availabity, with common-sense relocation in the holiday season.

The webpage often has a link to a map to the upcoming meeting
site. See: http://www.colug.net/meetings.php  The website is
always authoritative to other discussions, such as might be seen
on the mailing list.

Meeting Schedule
================

The NEXT month's following meeting is scheduled on Saturday,
April 26 2003 from 1:00 to 3:00 pm.

Additional information
======================

Call Phil Hunter (Owl River Company) at 614 - 840 - 0935 .

Check out the web site at: http://www.colug.net/

There exists a Mailman driven list -- send an email as above, or
see for details at:  http://www.colug.net/mailing_list.php

-- Phil Hunter

   Owl River Company
      "The World is Open to Linux (tm)"
         ... Open Source LINUX solutions ...

~COLUG/meeting/meeting.0303.txt
rev. 030319 JH -- mails to COLA, when possible, on the 18th

# PLEASE remember a short description of the software and the LOCATION.  #
# This group is archived at http://stump.algebra.com/~cola/              #

2. writing a flight sim for linux

4. Moving system from one drive to another

5. LOCAL (TX): Announcing Linux Users Group in Midland/Odessa Texas (Permian Basin Linux Users Group)

6. (jdk-1.3.1p6_4 ) Error: could not find Java 2 Runtime Environment

7. user and group management - how to emulate groups into groups in linux ?

8. Using BOOTP/RARP to get IP address

9. cannot set up UMASK or groups so that users from one group cannot access other groups

10. User Group RFA: Linux users who are Compaq focused

11. ne.c: No NE*000 card found at i/o = 0x12c

12. File group permissions - applicable to a particular group user only possible??

13. necessary groups in /etc/group, and necessary users in /usr/passwd