Using static libraries and shared libraries in same program?

Using static libraries and shared libraries in same program?

Post by root » Sun, 22 Oct 1995 04:00:00

I have a program I have been working on that uses a static library.
I recently upgraded to Slackware linux 3.0, ELF.  Now when I try
to compile my program, the linker gives me * massages about

"undefined reference to `ALL_THE_FUNCTIONS_IN_THE_LIBRARY_I_USE'"

The very same library worked before I upgraded.  The linker finds the library,
because if I change the -L/THE_RIGHT_DIRECTORY to somewhere else, the linker
complains about not finding the library at all.  If I include the flag
"-static"  and reset all the directories to find the static versions of all
the other libraries, I still get the same error from the linker about this one
library!  It worked before... what am I doing wrong?  Maybe I don't understand
something that I should.  Any suggestions?  Do I need to get a version of the
library compiled using a newer version of Linux?

Erik B. Andersen

-------

-------