changing colors for xterm/nxterm. . .

changing colors for xterm/nxterm. . .

Post by Norvell Spearma » Tue, 16 Mar 1999 04:00:00



How can I change the resources for xterm and/or nxterm so that their
colors match the default Linux console colors?  When I try rxvt, the
colors seem to come out right, but I've been getting core dumps when I
try to run `mc.'  Also, if I run
        nxterm -tn xterm-pcolor
I get correct mouse functionality, but the colors are far from what I'd
like.  Thanks much.
--

To reply, remove my opinion about
unwanted e-mail from my address.
 
 
 

changing colors for xterm/nxterm. . .

Post by T.E.Dicke » Wed, 17 Mar 1999 04:00:00



Quote:> How can I change the resources for xterm and/or nxterm so that their
> colors match the default Linux console colors?  When I try rxvt, the

The XFree86 3.3.3 xterm supports ANSI color and VT220 emulation
There's an faq at
        http://www.veryComputer.com/
        ftp://ftp.clark.net/pub/dickey/xterm

Quote:> colors seem to come out right, but I've been getting core dumps when I
> try to run `mc.'  Also, if I run
>    nxterm -tn xterm-pcolor

there's no color in that description other than the name.  see my ncurses
faq for more information about terminfo and color

The current version of ncurses is 4.2
There's an faq at
        http://www.veryComputer.com/

Quote:> I get correct mouse functionality, but the colors are far from what I'd
> like.  Thanks much.

--
Thomas E.*ey

http://www.veryComputer.com/

 
 
 

1. Changing fonts in rxvt, xterm, nxterm

I would like to use a larger font when running xterm et al, but I don't know what is
available to me!  When I try, for example, "nxterm -fn schumacher" I am told that font
"schumacher" cannot be found and fixed is being used instead.

How can I find out what fonts are available to me?  I am running RedHat Picasso, with the
Accelerated X server that comes with Caldera 1.0, and the Looking Glass desktop metaphor.
I would appreciate pointers to the appropriate howtos, or some quick tips.

TIA
Ray

2. Qpopper ??!!??

3. Colour change in nxterm

4. Telnet on port other than 23

5. Change cr, bg, and fg colors in a color xterm?

6. Securing my Mandrake system

7. Usage of xterm instead of nxterm

8. New to SCSI

9. xterm vs. nxterm ??

10. nxterm vs xterm

11. Deafult setup for xterm / nxterm

12. xterm/nxterm/rxvt ?

13. can't change xterm border color in fvwm