Linux Exchange/MS Mail clients and servers

Linux Exchange/MS Mail clients and servers

Post by J. Boye » Tue, 10 Nov 1998 04:00:00

Are there any MS Exchange clients for Linux?  Better yet, are there any
applications that will mimic an MS Mail server?

-- Jon Boyer

Linux Exchange/MS Mail clients and servers

Post by Tony Hoy » Tue, 10 Nov 1998 04:00:00

Quote:>Are there any MS Exchange clients for Linux?  Better yet, are there any
>applications that will mimic an MS Mail server?

Exchange is actually quite simple (!) it's just a matter of time.

Firstly, an MSRPC portmapper needs writing for Samba,
then Exchange is simply an NSPI server (although it's probably subject
to MS' 'embrace and butcher^H^H^H^H^H^H^Hextend').

If only I had time... sigh....

Tony

Broadcast message from god (ttyp0) Fri Dec 31 11:59:59 1999...

The universe is going down for system halt NOW !!

1. Linux mail server with MS-Mail/Exchange

  We have MS-Mail server on a Netware 3.12 box with Win 3.1 MS-Mail and
Win95 Exchange/Message Service (they changed the name mid-stream...)
clients and are looking at how to lash this up with a Linux box acting as
firewall/mail-server connected via frame relay to an ISP. We're also
looking at adding an NT box with Back Office, including Exchange Server.

  Anyone have any experience with any of this who would like to share
their experience and knowledge? I would also greatly appreciate any
pointers to relevant reference materials, especially of a tutorial nature.

  Thanks.

--
Jim Holbach                          |    The more I know,

San Antonio, TX                      |

2. A few basic questions re: Pine/Tin

3. mail client/server with MS Exchange

4. how to access parallel port

5. Any linux/open-source mail clients that grok MS-exchange?

6. Virtual servers in Netscape Ent. server

7. Linux Firewalls, MS Proxy Server and MS Exchange Server

8. Installing xdm & xdm wouldn't let anyone in

9. Linux client to MS exchange server

10. Creating a glbal address list with a linux server and MS Win95 Clients with Exchange

11. Forwarding Linux mail to MS SMTP/Exchange server

12. MS Exchange Server e-mail client?

13. Problem sending smtp unix mail through MS Exchange server to outside