1. Sound, Real Player, and MP3 players
I have gotten sound to work on everything, except Real Player, and the
various MP3 players, that I have unsuccesfully tried to use. I was
exploring this problem, when I looked at was was in /dev/sndstat :
Kernel: Linux localhost.localdomain 2.0.32 #1 Wed Nov 19 00:46:45 EST
Config options: 0
0: Sound Blaster 16 (4.16)
0: Yamaha OPL-3
0: System clock
0: Sound Blaster
I noticed that there is nothing installed under Midi devices. Now,
I don't know what these other programs that have worked use, and I don't
know what Real Player, or the MP3 players use, but the only connection
that I can come up with is that the Real Player and the various MP3
players use Midi, and that is why they aren't working. I used sndconfig
(under Red Hat 5.0) to configer my soundblaster 16 PnP. I would think
that since it configured everything else, that it would configure Midi,
but it seems like it didn't. Does anyone one have the Sound Blaster 16
PnP card, and has gotten Real Player, or any MP3 player to work? If
yes, could you 'cat /dev/sndstat' , and tell me what you came up with,
and if you have any midi installed. If you did something extra to get
midi to work, could you tell me what you did. Any advice would help.
2. Can't ping with new configuration
3. No real MP3 players for Linux???
4. PCMCIA Network Install for RedHat 6.1
5. Sound, Real Player, and MP3
6. Problem Geforce 4 Linux mdk 10.1
7. Does anyone now of an audio mp3 player for Solaris/X86 that works ?
8. Linux, Apache, and MIME types stuff
9. 2 * GRQXJIvZG-Does anyone now of an audio mp3 player for Solaris/ X86 that works ?
10. audio player for solaris (waw mp3 ra...au)
11. Audio (mp3)/Video Player
12. 1 * raJmssGON-Does anyone now of an audio mp3 player for Solaris/ X86 that works ?
13. Does anyone now of an audio mp3 player for Solaris/SPARC that works ?