Real Audio and MP3 Player

Post by Ra.. » Sun, 15 Nov 1998 04:00:00

I have a mixed playlist of both RealAudio and MP3 files that I need to be
able to play through ONE program.

Is there any Linux (Redhat 5.2 compatible) software that can do this? I had
been using Microsoft Media Player 2 on Win98 for this, but want to switch to
Linux.

I've got Realplayer 5 and a few MP3 Players, but I want one application that
plays both.

Thanks for any help!

Real Audio and MP3 Player

Post by Gravey 4 the Brai » Sun, 15 Nov 1998 04:00:00

: I have a mixed playlist of both RealAudio and MP3 files that I need to be
: able to play through ONE program.

As far as I know, there is no player that can play RA format files
as well as mp3s.  eMusic aspires to be an all-in-one player, but
I don't think it supports RA (yet).

-Brent

_____________________________________

"What? is Man one of God's mistakes?
or is God one of Man's?"

-Friedrich Nietzsche
_____________________________________

1. Sound, Real Player, and MP3 players

I have gotten sound to work on everything, except Real Player, and the
various MP3 players, that I have unsuccesfully tried to use.  I was
exploring this problem, when I looked at was was in /dev/sndstat  :
Sound Driver:3.5.4-960630
Kernel: Linux localhost.localdomain 2.0.32 #1 Wed Nov 19 00:46:45 EST
1997 i686
Config options: 0

Installed drivers:

Card config:

Audio devices:
0: Sound Blaster 16 (4.16)

Synth devices:
0: Yamaha OPL-3

Midi devices:

Timers:
0: System clock

Mixers:
0: Sound Blaster

I noticed that there is nothing installed under Midi devices.  Now,
I don't know what these other programs that have worked use, and I don't
know what Real Player, or the MP3 players use, but the only connection
that I can come up with is that the Real Player and the various MP3
players use Midi, and that is why they aren't working.  I used sndconfig
(under Red Hat 5.0) to configer my soundblaster 16 PnP.  I would think
that since it configured everything else, that it would configure Midi,
but it seems like it didn't.   Does anyone one have the Sound Blaster 16
PnP card, and has gotten Real Player, or any MP3 player to work?  If
yes, could you  'cat /dev/sndstat' , and tell me what you came up with,
and if you have any midi installed.  If you did something extra to get
midi to work, could you tell me what you did.  Any advice would help.
Thanks.

Mike

2. Can't ping with new configuration

3. No real MP3 players for Linux???

4. PCMCIA Network Install for RedHat 6.1

5. Sound, Real Player, and MP3

6. Problem Geforce 4 Linux mdk 10.1

7. Does anyone now of an audio mp3 player for Solaris/X86 that works ?

8. Linux, Apache, and MIME types stuff

9. 2 * GRQXJIvZG-Does anyone now of an audio mp3 player for Solaris/ X86 that works ?

10. audio player for solaris (waw mp3 ra...au)

11. Audio (mp3)/Video Player

12. 1 * raJmssGON-Does anyone now of an audio mp3 player for Solaris/ X86 that works ?

13. Does anyone now of an audio mp3 player for Solaris/SPARC that works ?