Run X windows on remote

Post by Jim Karste » Wed, 25 Aug 1999 04:00:00

What is the best solution for running X windows on a remote linux computer
on a local Windows 98 machine.

Run X windows on remote

Post by Jeffrey Pajo » Thu, 26 Aug 1999 04:00:00

You need an X Windows client for you Windows 98 machine.

HummingBird has a product called Exceed that I'm rather pleased with.
http://www.hummingbird.com

> What is the best solution for running X windows on a remote linux computer
> on a local Windows 98 machine.

  pajor.vcf
< 1K Download

Run X windows on remote

Post by John Brad » Fri, 27 Aug 1999 04:00:00

MicroImages MI/X is a freeware X client that's fine on win98 and nt 4.0, at
http://www.microimages.com/
I was very chuffed to find it.  It's one of the only two freeware/shareware?
X Window client that I could find after extensive looking.
JohnB

Post by Jon Ske » Sat, 28 Aug 1999 04:00:00

> What is the best solution for running X windows on a remote linux computer
> on a local Windows 98 machine.

Personally I'd suggest VNC. That way you can use Windows, Linux, a Mac,
Digital Unix, Solaris, etc all pretty transparently. (eg from Linux you
could use your Windows box, etc). It's completely free, too.

http://www.uk.research.att.com/vnc/

--

http://www.pobox.com/~skeet/

1. Run remote application on Windows...

Good People,

I am trying to find a solution to my problem. Here it is:

To determine the applications running on a windows machine from a unix
box.

Is this possible (without using ssh)?

I heard that it is possible using samba, but since I have no idea
about it, can you give me some specific pointers?

Regards,
Mridul.

2. NeoMagic NM2090?

3. Running remote X Windows.....

4. Compaq Armada 1550DMT Linux installation

5. Display on Linux but run Win32 programs on remote windows 95/NT??

6. Sharing a raw device

7. X-window apps running on Remote Hosts

8. IBM WebExplorer for AIX?

9. Running scripts on remote Linux from Windows

10. can not run remote apps on local X windows

11. Running windows programs on Linux via remote X?

12. Running xdm/window manager on remote machine

13. Can I run window managers well from remote machine?