Please help me Video card ATI Rage LT PRO AGP

Please help me Video card ATI Rage LT PRO AGP

Post by Srinivas Madiraj » Sun, 04 Apr 1999 04:00:00

Hi,

I  completed installing LINUX  5.2 on my machine but I could not
configure Xserver properly.
I have a COMPAQ  Presario machine with following  config
Intel Pentium2
64 MB  RAM
Video card:
Rage LT PRO AGP 2x  of ATI Tech

I tried different servers including ATI_MACH64 , after running startx I
do see a window
comes up fine but inside that   , the windows are split  across the
screen.
I  cannot imagine wokring  without xwindow system . I highly
appreciate  your help
and suggestions to resolve this problem .

Thanks in Advance,
-Srini

Post by Ewan Dunba » Sun, 04 Apr 1999 04:00:00

> I  completed installing LINUX  5.2 on my machine but I could not
> configure Xserver properly.

I apologise deeply for this, but I just can't resist telling you that
there is no such thing as Linux 5.2. The release of the *distribution* --
that is, the OS that *uses* the Linux *kernel* is 5.2. From the
cross-posts, I assume it's RedHat.

Ewan Dunbar
Visit Preston Manning: Action Hero at
http://earl.thedunbars.com/pmah/index.html

Please help me Video card ATI Rage LT PRO AGP

Post by Benjamin Smit » Mon, 05 Apr 1999 05:00:00

Apologies if you see this twice. My newsreader screwed up.

You need to upgrade the X distribution that comes with RH 5.2 to XFree86
3.3.3. The 3.3.2 set that comes with RH 5.2 won't work with this card. I
have one working fine with 3.3.3 and the Mach64 server.

Good luck!