IBM ThinkPad Model: Power Series 820

Post by Steven R. Robertso » Sun, 03 May 1998 04:00:00

Could someone please Email me and tell me if I could run
linux and xfree86 on an IBM ThinkPad Model: Power Series 820 ?
Thanks.
Steve Robertson

Post by Jeffrey S. Dutk » Tue, 05 May 1998 04:00:00

> Could someone please Email me and tell me if I could run
> linux and xfree86 on an IBM ThinkPad Model: Power Series 820 ?

The Power Series 820 uses, I think, a PowerPC 603, so you will
need to check the LinuxPPC pages to see if the 820 is supported.
If supported, the 820 should be a nice machine on which to run
Linux.

- Jeff Dutky

1. linuxppc2000 on IBM thinkpad power series 820

Hello

I'm trying to install linux ppc 2000 on an IBM thinkpad 820 ( powerpc 603)
but when I insert the CD and choose to boot from the CD : nothing. I
download an image floppy disk to boot : always nothing . Does anyone could
help me please ?

Thanks in advance

Gilles

2. FreeBSD on 50MB?

3. Thinkpad Power Series 820

4. unremovable directory ?

5. ThinkPad Power Series 820 and PCMCIA Ethernet Card

6. Red Hat Installation Help

7. ibm power series 820

8. need to learn hardware troubleshooting - sound hardware conflict

9. IBM Power Series 820 and AIX

10. FS: AIX Thinkpad Model 820

11. FS: AIX Thinkpad model 820

12. Power Series 820