Remote control 4 linux box

Post by The FLo » Fri, 18 Oct 1996 04:00:00

Hello, sometime ago I learned from a driver that would allow a linux box
be controlled by a remote control, such driver required some SIEMENS parts
only available in Germany.
Does anybody have a modification for such driver for using american parts?
I am from Argentina and in my country I couldn't find such part, but
since now I am in the states I may be able to get the american replacement.
I would appreciate any hint on the subject.
I don't usually read this newsgroup, so I would appreciate answer by mail

Thank you in advance.
Christian

1. Remote control of linux box through KDE

I would like to use my "remote" linux box using KDE.  From "local" I
issue the following commands in an xterm windows :

remote: export DISPLAY='remote:0'
remote: startkde &

I get the "remote" KDE panel in the bottom of my local screen (which
replaces the "local" KDE panel) so I can control remotely the "remote"
box trough the KDE panel. But the desktop  (icons, shortcuts) does not
change: it is still the one from the "local" box and not the one of the
"remote". How can I get the "remote" desktop as well ???

Please help !

(*) I know, very unsecure, but for the time being the host is 2 meters
far connected through PLIP...

2. libc.so.4.6.27 & X

3. Remote control of a linux box (using IR remote mainly for multimedia)?

4. imap-uw allows access to entire filesystem?

5. Remote access/control of Rs6000 boxes

6. Hardware bug with A7A266 board ?

7. remote reboot a linux box from an nt box

8. Problems with NE2000

9. Remote Mounting CDROM from one SOLARIS2.4 BOX to other SOLARIS2.4 BOX

10. Can Ping Windows Box, But Windows Box Can't Ping Linux Box

11. How to connect a linux box with a win95 box or OS/2 box?

12. control and monitor routing using linux box

13. How could I use dynamic ip flow control in my Linux box