Help with updatedb, (can't find @find@ or @frcode...)

Post by stem.. » Fri, 27 Oct 1995 04:00:00

OK, I saw that someone posted something related to this, but I was too
late reading it, the article was no longer available.  Every day I get

a message at root telling me that when cron tries to run updatedb

directory (/usr/bin) as updatedb?  Also, /usr/bin is in my path.
Finally, after telling me it can't find those files, it tells me that
it would be building an empty database.  Any help would be greatly
appreciated.  I know this is not a big deal, as it only updates
database for locate, but I would really like to learn how to fix it.
Thanks.

Brian Stempel

1. 'Find' 'Updatedb' or find database replacement for Solaris 2.X?

        I've grown to love the SunOS 4.1.3 /usr/lib/updatedb,
        but it's not in Solaris 2.X. Anyone know where I can
        find a 2.X replacement. Archie was not able to :-(

                        Tanks

                                                Tim

2. Anybody know which apps need to be recompiled...

3. updatedb: @find@ can't find .......

4. Documentation for V4L API ?

5. ?updatedb: @find@: command not found???

6. Freebsd toolkit installable?

7. updatedb can't find /proc/self/fd/4

8. SCSI questions with Super 7 system

9. sporadic root process: find / -fstype nfs ... and frcode

10. updatedb can't find file

11. -prune regexp for gnu find/locate/updatedb doesn't work - why?

12. Need to find info on the 'FIND' command

13. finding new files with 'find'--egg on face