Getting RedHat9 to work with Linksys WPC54G (802.11g PCMCIA card)

Getting RedHat9 to work with Linksys WPC54G (802.11g PCMCIA card)

Post by Teng Junbi » Fri, 16 May 2003 10:42:40

I have RedHat 9 running on my laptop with a Linksys WPC54G PCMCIA card.
Although Windows XP (I dual boot it on the same computer) detects and uses
the card just file, Linkux seems to have some problems using the card.

The card is detected fine (Linux detects that it's a Broadcom chipset, etc.)
but Linux fails to detect that it's a LAN/wLan card.

I believe the problem lies in the fact that the card is missing drivers, but
I can't seem to find the drivers anywhere.  Any help is appreciated.
Thanks!

Teng Junbin

Getting RedHat9 to work with Linksys WPC54G (802.11g PCMCIA card)

Ask Linksys lah....

Post by B. Joshua Rose » Mon, 19 May 2003 12:40:23

> I have RedHat 9 running on my laptop with a Linksys WPC54G PCMCIA card.
> Although Windows XP (I dual boot it on the same computer) detects and
> uses the card just file, Linkux seems to have some problems using the
> card.

> The card is detected fine (Linux detects that it's a Broadcom chipset,
> etc.) but Linux fails to detect that it's a LAN/wLan card.

> I believe the problem lies in the fact that the card is missing drivers,
> but I can't seem to find the drivers anywhere.  Any help is appreciated.
> Thanks!

> Teng Junbin

Have you tried the 2.4.21 kernel? There are some major improvements in
some of the wireless drivers in 2.4.21. Don't know if that chipset is
handled by the drivers in 2.4.21 but it's worth a try.

Getting RedHat9 to work with Linksys WPC54G (802.11g PCMCIA card)

Post by Synfle » Wed, 21 May 2003 18:17:48

Quote:> I have RedHat 9 running on my laptop with a Linksys WPC54G PCMCIA card.
> Although Windows XP (I dual boot it on the same computer) detects and
> uses
> the card just file, Linkux seems to have some problems using the card.

> The card is detected fine (Linux detects that it's a Broadcom chipset,
> etc.)
> but Linux fails to detect that it's a LAN/wLan card.

> I believe the problem lies in the fact that the card is missing drivers,
> but
> I can't seem to find the drivers anywhere.  Any help is appreciated.
> Thanks!

> Teng Junbin

Run a search on alltheweb with "redhat wpc54g" and got quite a number
of results, perhaps you shoudl try em.

--
Diclof
s y n f l e x ( a t ) g a m e b o x ( d o t ) n e t