Help changing video drive

Post by NEWS » Fri, 28 May 1999 04:00:00

As you can tell I am very new to Linux.  I originally had a 2MB S3 video
card in my Linux machine.  I have up graded it to a 4MB S3 video card.
How do I change the driver?  Currently, I am difficulty exiting X
Windows and my boss thought it might be due to the new video card.  When
Linux starts up, no problem, all the words seem fine.  If I go to X
Windows everything is still fine, even in XTerm.  But once I exit from X
Windows, all the words on the screen are "garbled" up.  The letters are
out of order but linux is still working fine.  If I type telnet or
startx, those respective programs run fine.  If I use telnet it will
work however the words are still garbled.  If I return to X Windows then
evrything is fine, even in XTerm, until I exit again.  So the only way
for me to work in a true linux environment without X Windows, is when I
first start up.  I apoligize for the length of this message and will
truely appreciate any advise on my problem, be it a video driver or not.

Thanks,
Mike B.

1. how to change video drive?

I installed the SVGA as the video driver of TVGA9680 pci card.
When run startx, the display mode is set to 320X200 even I
set the 640X480X8 as the default display mode in Xconfigerator.

Then I want to use VGA16 as the video driver. How can I do?
I uninstalled SVGA. When I installed the VGA16 packege,
it said it had already installed. And the XConfigerator can
do nothing.

2. Speedstream 1024 Wireless network card

3. Can't change video resolutions for 3D Blaster Banshee Video Card

4. General Unix question

5. Help changing video driver

6. Linux on DEC Station 5000/x00

7. Help changing video d

8. LinuxPPC and my graphics card

9. Help changing video driver

10. Help, I need to change my video card

11. Help: Change video port from RGB to vga-15pin on 7012

12. Need help changing video servers without xf86config

13. SCSi drives changed, how to change mklimux?