Database recommendations....?

Post by David Alan Bla » Mon, 15 Apr 1996 04:00:00

Hi -

I'm having a meeting next week which may result in some consulting
work.  In brief, the company involved wants to rewrite/further develop
some database stuff which is currently running off a SCO machine and
is based on Fox Base.  They want to ditch both.

The thing is....  they want this both for in-house use, and for eventual
marketing (maybe).  So they are inclined to develop it in a Windoze 9-to-5
environment.

The question, then, is:

Is there a GUI/SQML-ish engine/development suite which I could propose to
them, which would port easily (relatively) between Linux and W95?  Right
now I'm getting into the Perl5-tkperl-msql scene myself, but I don't think
that will wash.

Thanks for any help -

David Black

1. Multiuser Database recommendations please

Can anyone recommend a low cost, multiuser (record locking) relational
database for SCO Unix.

This must be a very common requirement, we have a few simple functions
that would benefit from an internally set up database, but which do not
justify a large expense at this time.

Please e-mail ideas.

Many thanks
--
John C. Brown

2. Connecting a DOS machine via NFS to a Linux over Ethernet?

3. Multiuser Database recommendations ...

4. Help w/sound

5. Any Goods GPL'ed Database Recommendation

6. An editor for xpm files (or compiled pixmap package) ?

7. Text database recommendations

8. epoll interface change and glibc bits ...

9. Embedded database recommendation?

10. Database Recommendation

11. Database recommendation please

12. Looking for database recommendations

13. Database recommendation wanted