help compiling rpc.bootparamd

Post by Shawn Samue » Mon, 05 May 1997 04:00:00

Hi,

I'm trying to compile rpc.bootparamd in order to use my linux
box as a server for a sun 3/50 to run as an Xterminal.
Everything works fine up to the point where i need to compile
rpc.bootparamd. however, the code which rpcgen generates, specifically
bootparam_prot_svc.c refuses to compile because it has undefined
references to the functions ...whoami_1_svc and ...getfile_1_svc,
both of which are prototyped in bootparam_prot.x, which rpcgen uses
to generate the rpc stub code. I cannot find these two functions
actually written in any source file, which i imagine is why they were
undefined references. Has anybody run into this problem before, and
if so, how did you get around it?

thanks,
Shawn

1. problems compiling rpc.bootparamd

I am having trouble compiling rpc.bootparamd. I am trying to get the
Xkernel package to work with my 3/60. I have tryed the source that comes
with the package, the source in the main Xkernel package, and the source
for NetBSD. With the NetBSD version I have to use pmake (BSD Make), but
all three fail with the same error: The actual parameters in the
function do not match those in the prototype. If you have any tips on
compiling this please send me email.

Configuration:

        Kernel 2.0.0 on the Slackware96. (FVWM95 is hilarious :-)
--

2. Bug in 2.5.1 syslogd?

3. problems compiling rpc.bootparamd from xkernel package

4. Warning: setting locale failed..... help me please!!!!!!!!!!!

5. memory access

6. Sharing a PPTP (ADSL) connection over a network using RedHat Linux 7.2

7. rpc.bootparamd wont compile

8. Xkernel/rpc.bootparamd help!

9. rpc.bootparamd

10. rpc.bootparamd under Linux 2.0.18?

11. Calling all Linux network gurus: Can't get rpc.bootparamd to build.