XEDIT/REXX FOR LINUX?

Post by Homer W. Smi » Thu, 25 Jul 1996 04:00:00

     Does anyone know of a XEDIT/REXX package for Linux running on an
Intel machine?

     Xedit is an IBM editor developed for VM/370 and Rexx was its
macro language.

     There is an Xedit/Rexx package for SunOS called UniXedit, and
there is an Xedit/Rexx package for Dos called Kedit.  Neither support
Linux.

     Please answer by private mail.

     Thanks  Homer

Homer Wilson Smith     News, Web, Telnet      Art Matrix - Lightlink
(607) 277-0959         SunOS 4.1.4 Sparc 20   Internet Access, Ithaca NY

XEDIT/REXX FOR LINUX?

Post by Jamie Hoglu » Tue, 30 Jul 1996 04:00:00

:      Does anyone know of a XEDIT/REXX package for Linux running on an
: Intel machine?

There is an editor called 'the' for "The Hessling Editor" Runs under
Linux, is colorized, etc..

You'll want to get a copy of regina rexx first though. (THE links with a
library in regina) Rexx on Linux is weird though, there are no real
'queues' and getting a single key from the keyboard is weird. (You are
forced to resort to 'dd count=1 >FIFO' but it's good for general rexx
things, like text processing.

I liked "the", but eventually switched over to 'jed'. (anyone manage to get
wedit or jade to compile?)

Jamie

1. XEDIT and REXX for UNIX

I apologize if this is an FAQ on any of the lists.
I am interested in any versions of REXX and/or XEDIT for Unix (SunOS 4.1.2)
either freeware, shareware or commercial.  Please reply to me privately.
I will summarize for the lists if appropriate.

Thanks in advance,

John Pesek

2. Listproc on Linux

3. need address for Workgroup Inc. (UNI-xedit/rexx)

4. DNS & Private LAN Addresses

5. Wanted - XEDIT/REXX clone for AIX

6. who query

7. Object ReXX for Linux available for free

8. need help on subnetting procedure

9. Endless for download/run * Volunteers of support for Linux/REXX?

10. Object Rexx for Linux, updated ...

11. COMMERCIAL: SEDIT and S/REXX for Linux

12. Are ISPF editor and REXX clones available on Linux ?

13. Rexx Interpretor for Linux?