Help with RedHat Booting/Installation

Post by Raj Sing » Thu, 19 Jun 1997 04:00:00

Hi,

Please email me as I don't have access to Usenet.

I am trying out RedHat 4.2 Linux distribution. I am trying to load the
software from a NFS mounted drive.

The initial boot is OK. The system hangs after trying to mount the NFS
drive (exported by the NFS server called 'sigma'). The message on virtual
console is :

* mounting sigma:/packages/redhat on /tmp/rhimage as type nfs
* writing network info to /tmp/ifcfg-eth0
* writing network info to /tmp/network
*    network is configured, writing complete info
* error in exec of second stage loader :-(
*    error: No such file or directory

This seems to indicate some deeper problem. I have read the relevant
documentation of RedHat Linux.

Any help will be appreciated.

-- Raj

| IC Design Group         |---------------------------------|
| CEERI, Pilani - 333 031 | PHONE : 91-1596-42359 (office)  |
| Rajasthan (INDIA)       | FAX   : 91-1596-42294 (office)  |

1. help- redhat boot loader installation failure

Hi,

I was trying to install redhat5.0. The computer I have is Dell Dimension
333MHz with an internal zip drive. The hard drive size is 5.7 GB. When I
installed redhat, at the point of installation of bootloader, it failed
with an error message saying "boot loader installation failed". Is
anyone out there who has some idea how to fix this problem?

Thanks very much in advance.

Xingde Li

2. Script works in ksh but not sh.

3. Booting Redhat linux 7.3 with Installation CD-ROM help

4. DHCP over PPP

5. Help: Can't boot-up from boot-disk after installation

6. dialin configuration problems Linux 2.0.22 agetty and uugetty

7. xview 3.2

8. Booting Redhat 5.1 using boot.img - help

9. Help? Installation RedHat 5.0 Help

10. redhat 6.2 installation boot disk

11. RedHat 5.2 installation boot locks up

12. Redhat 4.2 installation boot locks up.