trouble printing b/w scanned images

Post by Emmanuel Berange » Tue, 26 Mar 2002 08:42:55

I have trouble printing images coming from kooka (scanned).
When I launch the print task, the pages comes blank. Same if I use a PDF
or PS output file : it comes empty.

However, when I scan in color, it prints fine !

Also, I get the very same result with Kview when I read the images from
disk (that is : the images saved from kooka scanned images)!
The images look fine however.

I use kernel 2.2.18 mdk
kde 2.2.1 home compiled from mandrake sources
ghostscript 7.03 (redhat)

Any clues or any ways I can trace what is going wrong ?

Post by Brian C. Lan » Tue, 26 Mar 2002 15:31:36

> I have trouble printing images coming from kooka (scanned).
> When I launch the print task, the pages comes blank. Same if I use a PDF
> or PS output file : it comes empty.

> However, when I scan in color, it prints fine !

> Also, I get the very same result with Kview when I read the images from
> disk (that is : the images saved from kooka scanned images)!
> The images look fine however.

> I use kernel 2.2.18 mdk
> kde 2.2.1 home compiled from mandrake sources
> ghostscript 7.03 (redhat)

> Any clues or any ways I can trace what is going wrong ?

Sounds like something is wrong with whatever printing system you are using,
it obviously isn't handling mono images very well <G>. I'd try reinstalling
my printer support and maybe watching the options selected very carefully,
there may be some sort of color/B&W switch that you selected by accident.

Brian

--
www.nexuscomputing.com          - Linux Consulting & Web Hosting
GPG Key Fingerprint             - 799F A3B6 AEF8 E9B4 D720

trouble printing b/w scanned images

Post by Emmanuel Berange » Wed, 27 Mar 2002 04:35:36

Oh, btw : I'm using a canon BJ10e (prints only b/w)
Quote:> Sounds like something is wrong with whatever printing system you are using,
> it obviously isn't handling mono images very well <G>. I'd try reinstalling
> my printer support and maybe watching the options selected very carefully,
> there may be some sort of color/B&W switch that you selected by accident.

> Brian

> --
> www.nexuscomputing.com          - Linux Consulting & Web Hosting
> GPG Key Fingerprint             - 799F A3B6 AEF8 E9B4 D720
> GPG and PGP email accepted      - 56D0 21FB 63FE 9712 C2CD

1. scanning - vertical lines on scanned image

Hi,
After many tries with scanner HP 3400C, which even though was recognized by
the system I wasn't able to start both on RedHat 7.2 and Mandrake 8.2
[maybe someone succeeded?] I've change to a parallel port Plustek OpticPro
12000T. Even though Mandrake 8.2 doesn't see it in the hardware list [the
"usefull" scanner wizard is a piece of crap (in both cases HP and Plustek
it says it configured them and I may start using them) after hours of going
through pages of advices and combining them together plus a little thinking
I managed to start the scanner in sane 1.0.7 - xsane 0.84 - plustek_driver
0.42. :)
The scanned images even though quite good quality but unfortunatelly all
have vertical lines all over and some parts are sometimes dispalaced
vertically. could anyone help me on that?
best regards
PiotrAF
Gadu-gadu: 2370765 | Yahoo: piotrafrat

2. Serial Driver/Callback Problems

3. Printing text, image, text, image, ...

4. ip forwarding

5. image join software for hand scanning

6. Trouble with via 8235 [does not boot]

7. Scanned Image Consistency

8. nfs mounts

9. Image Scanning under Linux, XF86

10. scan hdisk for images and create thumbnails

11. Scanned Images and KDE

12. Trouble printing to HP Laserjet 4L through Netport Pro/100 print server

13. OSR5: my cursor has only 1 scan line in vi, 18 scan lines elsewhere