print queue does not clear up on hp printer

print queue does not clear up on hp printer

Post by chris.. » Fri, 17 Dec 1999 04:00:00

i have an hp 4050 n (with J3113A jetdirect card) on the network. when i
print from rh linux 6.0 to that printer, the queue does not update/clear
after the print job has been done. what could be the problem?

thanks!

chriseli

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.

Post by J. S. Jense » Fri, 17 Dec 1999 04:00:00

> i have an hp 4050 n (with J3113A jetdirect card) on the network. when i
> print from rh linux 6.0 to that printer, the queue does not update/clear
> after the print job has been done. what could be the problem?

As I'm not familiar w/ RH, what mechanism are you using to transfer the
print job?  Are you using the RFC1179 LPD?  It works fine here with our
hp4050.

--
J. S. Jensen

http://www.saba.com

print queue does not clear up on hp printer

turns out the lpd daemon died :(