HELP!!!! LINUX cannot recognize the harddisk type...

HELP!!!! LINUX cannot recognize the harddisk type...

Post by Magn » Sat, 17 Jun 1995 04:00:00

It says:

hd.c ST-506 interface disk with more than 16 heads detected,
probably due to non-standard sector translation, Giving up.
(disk 0:cyl=707,sect=63,head=32)

MINIX-fs : unable to read superblock
MSDOS bread failed
Harddisk I/O error
dev 0301, sector 0
Kernel panic: VFS: unable to mount root

I have the version 1.0.9 of Mini-Linux
I i'm in need of it!!!
On my other computer it works... but there's only a 200Mb harddrive..
and a slow processor and low memory...

Is there any upgrade or something???

HELP!!!! LINUX cannot recognize the harddisk type...

Post by Dennis Brenn » Sat, 17 Jun 1995 04:00:00

i have the exact same problem as this guy.

please forward any solutions to me as well!

thanks

-db

>It says:
>hd.c ST-506 interface disk with more than 16 heads detected,
>probably due to non-standard sector translation, Giving up.
>(disk 0:cyl=707,sect=63,head=32)
>MINIX-fs : unable to read superblock
>MSDOS bread failed
>Harddisk I/O error
>dev 0301, sector 0
>Kernel panic: VFS: unable to mount root
>I have the version 1.0.9 of Mini-Linux
>I i'm in need of it!!!
>On my other computer it works... but there's only a 200Mb harddrive..
>and a slow processor and low memory...
>Is there any upgrade or something???

1. My linux+Apache+mod_perl cannot recognize "Content-type:" etc

I have installed apache in my linux and use mod_perl.
But in the perl CGI scripts, the command:
print "Content-type: text/plain\n\n";
dooes not work.
It simply display "Content-type: text/plain"  in the web.
While the same perl program runs well under win2k+apache+cygwin.
So it is not the problem of perl program.
I think there is sth to do with the httpd.conf file.
Here is some part of the httpd.conf about perl.

]$ grep perl -C httpd.conf
#LoadModule define_module      modules/mod_define.so
<IfDefine HAVE_PERL>
LoadModule perl_module        modules/libperl.so
</IfDefine>
<IfDefine HAVE_PHP>
--
#AddModule mod_put.c
<IfDefine HAVE_PERL>

#
--
# CGI directory exists, if you have that configured.
#

# If the perl module is installed, this will be enabled.
<IfModule mod_perl.c>
  Alias /cgi-perl/ /mnt/documents/Services/wwwroot/cgi-perl
  <Location /cgi-perl>
    SetHandler perl-script
    PerlHandler Apache::Registry
    Options +ExecCGI
**************
Please help me.
Thanks a lot.

2. Char and Pointers

3. Linux cannot recognise SB 4X cdrom! Help!

4. GUI Shell wrappers

5. Help! Linux cannot recognize my IDE CDROM!

6. What is the next step?

7. Script deconstruction

8. gdb-4.17 on Solaris 2.6 cannot display C++ types (<incomplete type>)

9. Does Linux support ATA type of harddisk ??

10. Help! fs type not recognized by kernel

11. HELP HELP HELP NEWBIE Cannot get the DHCP set up properly and cannot connect to internet

12. LILO won't recognise when I type "linux"