Linux booting root from HD.. Solved.

Post by x93christ.. » Tue, 24 May 1994 08:12:28

Thanks to all who mailed me and replied about my problem with running Linux
.97, I have since gotten a copy of the root and boot images from the MCC 1.0
distribution of Linux 1.0.4 ... THanks again, there is no more need to send
me mail for now..

1. How to transfer root and boot from scsi hd to ide hd

Hello all,

I want to move SCO Open Server 5.05 from my old SCSI-HD to a new IDE-HD
without installing all the software, patches, ... new.
So I installed a rudimentary OS on the IDE HD to partition the harddisk.
Then I copied the old stand and root to the IDE HD.
But it will not boot. OK, the problem is that unix is searching the root
fs on a SCSI HD.
Can I handle this without installing all the stuff new?

Thanks in advance

Michael

2. FAQ: Staroffice 5 in RedHat 6.0

3. How do you mount the hd after booting from the boot/root diskettes

4. Help - background emacs window colors

5. Booting Linux from floppy w/o HD and NFS mounting root?

6. Modem Problems...Need Help...New to Linux

7. Linux booting root from HD??????

8. About AGP video card

9. Solved: LILO problem, hangs at 'L' at HD boot

10. lilo config for dual hd-boot hd->ramdisk-boot?

11. Solved:Boot/Root disk problems

12. LILO IDE boot/SCSI root problem SOLVED

13. To boot with SCSI HD and Linux on IDE HD