dosemu and dpmi?

Post by Allin Cottrel » Tue, 30 Apr 1996 04:00:00

Hello all,

I'm trying to use the DOS port of gcc under dosemu (sounds perverse,
perhaps, but I want a decent C compiler to make DOS versions of some
programs I use under Linux, for use by others).  The problem I'm
having is that the latest djgpp doesn't seem to work with dosemu.
Djgpp requires dpmi; and although dosemu announces that dpmi is
installed, on start-up, djgpp bombs with the message that there is
"no dpmi memory".  I have tried setting the dpmi memory (in dosemu.
conf) as high as 24MB, but no go.  Any thoughts appreciated.

--
Allin Cottrell
Department of Economics

dosemu and dpmi?

Post by Uwe Bonn » Tue, 30 Apr 1996 04:00:00

: Hello all,
:
: I'm trying to use the DOS port of gcc under dosemu (sounds perverse,
: perhaps, but I want a decent C compiler to make DOS versions of some
: programs I use under Linux, for use by others).  The problem I'm
: having is that the latest djgpp doesn't seem to work with dosemu.
: Djgpp requires dpmi; and although dosemu announces that dpmi is
: installed, on start-up, djgpp bombs with the message that there is
: "no dpmi memory".  I have tried setting the dpmi memory (in dosemu.
: conf) as high as 24MB, but no go.  Any thoughts appreciated.
:
What version of dosemu are you talking about. Recent is something like
0.63.1.1x

And did you configure dosemu to use dpmi-memory?