sendmail : cannot receive mail from some domains (mail server timeout)

sendmail : cannot receive mail from some domains (mail server timeout)

Post by Peter Y » Tue, 14 Aug 2001 17:05:19

There are some domains which can never send mail to my mail server. It
reports mail server timeout in the log file.

Anyone can help!

Cheers

Peter

Post by M. J. Bl » Tue, 14 Aug 2001 19:56:49

>  There are some domains which can never send mail to my mail server. It
>  reports mail server timeout in the log file.

>  Anyone can help!

I think it's a timeout problem *duh* Could you be a little more
specific in what goes wrong from where to where?

--
Menno

Post by Peter Y » Wed, 15 Aug 2001 12:56:40

> >  There are some domains which can never send mail to my mail server. It
> >  reports mail server timeout in the log file.

> >  Anyone can help!

> I think it's a timeout problem *duh* Could you be a little more
> specific in what goes wrong from where to where?

The following is extracted from the log file /var/log/mail.log. The
sender from gxxxxt.fr try in vain sending email to our server
xxxxxxxxx.com.

Aug 12 21:30:38 server sendmail[3753]: f7xxxxxx3753:

bodytype=8BITMIME, proto=ESMTP,
daemon=MTA, relay=[195.115.183.66]
Aug 12 21:30:38 server sendmail[3753]: f7xxxxxx3753:

pri=30000, stat=timeout waiting for input during message collect

We are using sendmail-8.11.0-3mdk on Mandrake 7.1.  Only some sites
have this timeout problem,
others work ok.

regards,

Post by David Efflan » Thu, 16 Aug 2001 01:25:50

>> >  There are some domains which can never send mail to my mail server. It
>> >  reports mail server timeout in the log file.

>> >  Anyone can help!

>> I think it's a timeout problem *duh* Could you be a little more
>> specific in what goes wrong from where to where?

> The following is extracted from the log file /var/log/mail.log. The
> sender from gxxxxt.fr try in vain sending email to our server
> xxxxxxxxx.com.

> Aug 12 21:30:38 server sendmail[3753]: f7xxxxxx3753:

> bodytype=8BITMIME, proto=ESMTP,
> daemon=MTA, relay=[195.115.183.66]
> Aug 12 21:30:38 server sendmail[3753]: f7xxxxxx3753:

> pri=30000, stat=timeout waiting for input during message collect

> We are using sendmail-8.11.0-3mdk on Mandrake 7.1.  Only some sites
> have this timeout problem,
> others work ok.

The question is, what does the bounce message show on the sending end, or
is this just somebody fishing to verify e-mail addresses for a spam list?

--
David Efflandt  (Reply-To is valid)  http://www.de-srv.com/