LINUX JOB OPENINGS/LA

Post by Garry Hipsh » Thu, 21 Mar 1996 04:00:00

DATE POSTED:  1/15/96

COMPANY:      PACIFIC INTERNET is a Culver City based Internet company.
              We develop the WebCube, a turnkey UNIX Internet server.
              We provide full benefits, education reimbur*t, and exciting
              R&D opportunities. All positions are full-time/on-site in Los Angeles.

PLEASE CONTACT:

Human Resources
PACIFIC INTERNET
600 Corporate Pointe, Suite 100
Culver City, CA 90230
Tel: (310) 410 9700
Fax: (310) 215-8071

http://www.veryComputer.com/

POSITION:     UNIX ADMIN.
=======================================
SKILLS/
REQUIREMENTS: 2+ years in UNIX or LINUX system administration.
              extensive experience with T1, ISDN, PPP connections
              extensive experience with router, named, sendmail - configuration
              BS CS or equivalent

LOCATION:     Los Angeles (Culver City), California - full-time.
START DATE:   immediately
PAY RATE:     $45-$75K per annum.

POSITION:     HW/SW ENGINEER
=================================
SKILLS/
REQUIREMENTS: BS/MS in CS
              extensive experience in UNIX, strong PC-HW knowledge
              extensive experience in with T1, ISDN, PPP connections
              extensive experience in Internet Networking
              able to adapt, modify, patch HW-Drivers, Kernel-SW
              Programming in C, C++, Perl, Tcl/Tk, HTML
              Database knowledge preferred.

LOCATION:     Los Angeles (Culver City), California - full-time.
START DATE:   immediately
PAY RATE:     $45-$75K per annum.

POSITION:     CUSTOMER SUPPORT
==============================
SKILLS/
REQUIREMENTS: Extensive experience in UNIX system administration,
              good knowledge of Linux and TCP/IP networking.
              Knowledge of PC hardware. Xclnt communication skills.
LOCATION:     Los Angeles (Culver City), California
START DATE:   immediately

1. JOB: Red Hat Software Technical Support Job Opening

            Red Hat Software Technical Support Job Opening

Red Hat Software is seeking qualified applicants for an opening in our
world famous technical support department.  If you are self-motivated,
resourceful, and you surprise even yourself with the seemingly
worthless Linux hardware and software arcana you can recite, then we
want to talk to you!

Job Description and Qualifications
----------------------------------

The job functions include supporting customers with installation and
other problems encountered using Red Hat Linux, Red Hat Motif, Red Hat
Applixware, and all our other products.  Support is generally handled
through email and fax, and some support contracts are handled over the
phone.  In addition, you will be responsible for building and
maintaining support documents and systems.

Qualifications:

- Bachelor's degree in a quantitative field, preferably Computer
  Science or a related field
- 2 years Linux system-level experience (Red Hat experience a plus)
- Extensive PC hardware experience
- Superior problem-solving skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to work with a team

Desired skills include:

- Working knowledge of LaTeX, HTML, Linuxdoc-sgml
- Serial communication and networking (PPP, SLIP, UUCP)

The position is in RTP, North Carolina, and is open now.

This is a salaried position, with the precise figure to be based on
your qualifications.  Signing bonus: Nerf Ballzooka, a six pack of
root beer, three packs of Oreos, and a t-shirt.  Oh, and a hat too.

Red Hat Software
----------------

The work environment at Red Hat is at the same time relaxed and
high-pressure.  As a small startup company we work like dogs to "lead
the pack" in the Linux market and maintain the highest standards of
product quality and customer satisfaction.

Red Hat Software produces high quality Linux products and services.
Our leading Red Hat Linux OS product is freely available from
ftp.redhat.com and many mirrors.  Our RPM packaging technology is also
freely available at the same sites.

Application
-----------

If you are interested in working at the most exciting Linux company on
the planet, please submit your resume and/or any other relevant
information, with as much detail as possible, ASAP.  Please send all
materials, in confidence, to:

Marc Ewing
Red Hat Software, Inc.
PO Box 4325
Chapel Hill, NC 27515

(919) 361-2711 (fax)

Email and fax are preferred.

Thanks,
Marc

2. Any one here know's about this

3. JOB: Red Hat Software Developer Job Opening

4. raid + quotas

5. Job US-CA-LA Unix/Linux Graphics Programmer

6. Need programming help

7. Linux Jobs / LA

8. dosemu / Stacker questoin

9. LINUX JOBS/ LA