whoami??

Post by Saurabh Moha » Sun, 26 Dec 1999 04:00:00

Hello all,
        I recently upgraded to Red-hat linux 6.0. Things went fine for 2-3
days. but now whenever users login & try the command whoami .....they get
the follwing error message:
        whoami: cannot find username for UID 5555.
I checked their environment variable etc, and every thing looks fine!!
What could be the source of the problem?
I dont know much about PAM ... but could it be the source of my troubles?

I am currently NOT useing shadow passwd!

Any help/clues/pointer to web-sites will be very helpfull!!

Thanks a lot!!

Saurabh Mohan.

1. bootparam whoami

        I am in need of a piece of software.  It runs bootparam_whoami (or
something to that effect) and returns the NIS domain name.  I run
Ultrix 4.x and the copy of bootparam.c that I have won't compile on
ultirx.  If someone has a copy of the code and can modfiy it to run on
Ultrix, please post it.  Thanks, I just need this to make sure my
secure RPC really is secure.

                                        B. Anderberg

2. ark2000pv + 8bpp problems

3. question about bootparams, hostconfig, whoami protocol, etc.

4. Partition Size Advice

5. whoami & pwd in comandline?

6. changing the time??

7. whoami not working

8. Q: How to transfer 8-bit data in Dosemu?

9. Problem with whoami, finger in 0.99pl9

10. Strange WHOAMI Problem

11. strange message from 'whoami'

12. No bootparam (whoami)

13. problem with whoami