Linux Testing

Post by Tim J. Corcora » Fri, 10 Oct 1997 04:00:00

Has anyone created or gathered test scripts in validating/certifying a
Linux system?  I am, at present, working on a certification plan for
Linux to be implemented and was hoping to save some time.  I had heard
someone mention that Linux is FIPS Pub approved.  Anyway, the only other
thing I can think to attempt is request the package maintainers for
their code to send me their test scripts/plans.

If anyone can point me to the right area I would appreciate it.  I have
a rather tight turn around on this so the quicker the better.

If I can get the cooperation of Linux developers, it may be postable
back as a checkout suite to run Linux at commercial sites without the
free O/S phobia!

Tim Corcoran