Where Do I find Linux on Cd-ROM?

Post by D. Luechtefel » Mon, 17 Feb 1997 04:00:00

> I would like to know where I can find a Linux CD.  Reply to

Mike,

I'm quite happy with the $7 Colgate Redhat 4.0 distribution I got from
www.cheapbytes.com

Be warned that Cheapbytes targets those who already have some Linux
experience, and who aren't put off by the fact that it comes with no
printed documentation (which they sell separately, btw).

                            Daniel Gene Luechtefeld
                   Department of Asian Languages & Literature
                      University of Washington (Seattle)

Post by Cheap*Bytes Sale » Tue, 18 Feb 1997 04:00:00

: I would like to know where I can find a Linux CD.  Reply to

We offer a variety of combinations of Linux on CD-ROM.  We just
announced our $1.99 Red Hat 4.1 CD-ROM  Several satisfied customers
have purchased this in the past.  See www.cheapbytes.com

Happy Linuxing!!!

Where Do I find Linux on Cd-ROM?

Post by Anthony J. Biac » Tue, 18 Feb 1997 04:00:00

Hey you guys and gals hear of that Ollie's Bargain Outlet?
They have computer books there, and i stumbled on a linux one. It was
Using Linux: Second Edition by QUE. Had the slackware 3.0 and redhat disk.
$6..you better believe i snatched that up. It's like $60 in walden's
Just thought I'd share in case anyone has that store in their area.

-Cygnus

: On 17 Feb 1997 00:25:45 GMT, Mike Overvold

:
: >I would like to know where I can find a Linux CD.  Reply to

:
: I got Walnut Creek Slackware, 4 disc set , for only $29.99 Cndn.
:
: Good clean install and tons of extras... I like it...
:
: Regards,
:
: ***************************************************
: Steve Tupy

Anthony J. Biacco
System Programmer/PC Technician       "It's better to burn out,
                                          than to fade away"   -Kurt Cobain

http://www.intermarket.net/~cygnus/cygnus.html

Post by Jez Pa » Mon, 24 Feb 1997 04:00:00

On 17 Feb 1997 00:25:45 GMT, Mike Overvold

>I would like to know where I can find a Linux CD.

I recently bought InfoMagic's Linux Developers Resource - a 6 CD set
that includes Red Hat 4.0, Slackware 96, Debian as well as loads of
documentation and copies of the SunSITE and tsx-11 ftp archives.

All that for only 24 UKP! (Whatever that may be in your currency).

Jez Page, Manchester UK

Post by David Shillit » Tue, 25 Feb 1997 04:00:00

>On 17 Feb 1997 00:25:45 GMT, Mike Overvold

>>I would like to know where I can find a Linux CD.

>I recently bought InfoMagic's Linux Developers Resource - a 6 CD set
>that includes Red Hat 4.0, Slackware 96, Debian as well as loads of
>documentation and copies of the SunSITE and tsx-11 ftp archives.

>All that for only 24 UKP! (Whatever that may be in your currency).

>Jez Page, Manchester UK

Since I too am in the UK and my chosen currency is UK Pounds (Not ECU's
Yet!), could I enquire as to where you get this CD set from ?

Cheers

DAve
___________________________
DAve Shillito

Post by Jonathan K. L » Tue, 25 Feb 1997 04:00:00

>On 17 Feb 1997 00:25:45 GMT, Mike Overvold

>>I would like to know where I can find a Linux CD.

Cheap*Bytes is selling Redhat 4.1 at $1.99 (shipping is $5.00). You
can order from http://www.cheapbytes.com.
Quote:>I recently bought InfoMagic's Linux Developers Resource - a 6 CD set

Post by Sarah Pears » Tue, 25 Feb 1997 04:00:00

Quote:>>I recently bought InfoMagic's Linux Developers Resource - a 6 CD set
>>that includes Red Hat 4.0, Slackware 96, Debian as well as loads of
>>documentation and copies of the SunSITE and tsx-11 ftp archives.

>>All that for only 24 UKP! (Whatever that may be in your currency).

>>Jez Page, Manchester UK

>Since I too am in the UK and my chosen currency is UK Pounds (Not ECU's
>Yet!), could I enquire as to where you get this CD set from ?

Try : PC Bookshop
      21 Sicilian Avenue
      Southampton Row
      London
      WC1A 2QH

      Tel : 0171 831 0022

They charge 19.99 ukp which includes nextday delivery.  They charge 3.50 ukp
to deliver any books you may require.

This how much they charged me today.

--
Sarah Pearson

Post by Bradley Glonk » Thu, 27 Feb 1997 04:00:00

> >On 17 Feb 1997 00:25:45 GMT, Mike Overvold

> >>I would like to know where I can find a Linux CD.

Be sure to check out http://www.lsl.com
Thay have 3 distributions on 1 CD
Slackware 3.1
Redhat 4.1
Debian 1.2.5

Its $2.98

They ship to the UK as well

Where Do I find Linux on Cd-ROM?

Post by Jez Pa » Sat, 01 Mar 1997 04:00:00

Quote:>Since I too am in the UK and my chosen currency is UK Pounds (Not ECU's
>Yet!), could I enquire as to where you get this CD set from ?

I got my CD set from Islander Software in the Isle of Skye (of all
places!). Look at their homepage on:

http://www.islesoft.demon.co.uk/index.html

I was a bit nervous about ordering from a place in the middle of
nowhere, but everything arrived within days. The value of the
InfoMagic CD set makes me wonder why others would pay a similar price
for a single make of distribution.

I originally found out about Islander on the UK Linux homepage:

http://www.uk.linux.org

Jez Page, Manchester UK

1. find on my cd-rom doesn't work, but find on dos does

This is interesting...

I have Walnut Creeks simtel20 CD...
It non-rockridge.

find . on linux just list the files in the current directory and nothing
more...

ls -lR recurses down.

find on Ms-Dos (djgcc find) works fine.

?????

--
marty

Member of the League for Programming Freedom
We don't actually do anything new in computing, we just rename the old stuff.
                                Grace Murray Hopper, who OOed in 1944

2. Pattern rules with subdirectories in GNU make

3. Where can find Cd-ROM driver for Dos?

4. DDS-2 RAW and ECC control

5. CD-ROM on SB-16 Vibra (IDE) only found after warm reboot from DOS.

6. EMCion - EMC Ion

7. Universal CD-ROM resells LINUX CD-ROM

8. How do I set up server-status in apache?

9. linux, Mitsumi CD-ROM (& SB), & the TA CD-ROM - solved!

10. CD-ROM not detected by linux after CD-ROM install

11. Linux from Nascent CD-ROM won't mount my panasonic cd-rom drive

12. Newbie Q -- CD-ROM not found after installing new video card... it is found under windows.

13. replace cd-rom with CD-R / can't find mount CD-R drive