Ins key in ncurses applications?

Post by Jose Manuel Mo » Wed, 06 Jul 1994 01:46:34

I have compiled MouseLess Commander for Linux.
It should mark (tag) the selected file when I press Ins key but it doesnt.
C-t works ok

It uses ncurses' KEY_IC but when I press Ins key the only thing
I get is something like  ]]2~  in the command line

I dont know if its a problem of my terminfo database or my
ncurses package (1.8.5)

I have also tested KEY_IL, KEY_EIC and many others
KEY_DC has no problem but ncurses doesnt seem to know I have an Ins key

BTW, emacs recognizes Ins key as insertkey

Has anybody been successful using Ins key in ncurses applications?

thanks in advance

Jose Manuel

Ins key in ncurses applications?

Post by Albert H » Wed, 06 Jul 1994 03:01:59

Quote:>I have compiled MouseLess Commander for Linux.
>It uses ncurses' KEY_IC but when I press Ins key the only thing
>I get is something like  ]]2~  in the command line

You have to define the insert key manually by putting ` kich1=\E[2~ '
into the linux terminfo (remember to tic it).
This is mentioned in the README doc.
--
`'~*-,._.,-*~'`^`'~*-,._.,-*~'`^`'~*-,._.,-*~'`^`'~*-,._.,-*~'`^`'~*-,._
  Albert Hui (The Avatar)            |

Post by Zeyd M. Ben-Hal » Wed, 06 Jul 1994 03:43:03

Quote:>I have compiled MouseLess Commander for Linux.
>It should mark (tag) the selected file when I press Ins key but it doesnt.
>C-t works ok

>It uses ncurses' KEY_IC but when I press Ins key the only thing
>I get is something like  ]]2~  in the command line

>I dont know if its a problem of my terminfo database or my
>ncurses package (1.8.5)

Terminfo; there is no definition for kich1 in your terminal description.

Zeyd

--
---

10479 1/4 Santa Monica Blvd, LA, CA, 90025 (310) 470-0281

1. Konsole and <ins> <del> keys

OK, KDE 3.0.5 is great. Konsole is great. takes a little more mem than
xterm etc, but it sure is nicer.. *BUT* :
why are my DEL and INS keys not working in Konsole????
They DO work in X, gvim, mozilla, etc, so it's not .Xmodmap or whatever.
What's doing something to Konsole? And better still: where can I fix this
behaviour?

My DEL/INS keys work fine running konsole+vim, but not in the main
konsole. No big deal, but just curious..

--
dick -- http://www.nagual.st/ -- PGP/GnuPG key: F86289CE
++ Running FreeBSD 4.7 ++ Debian GNU/Linux (Woody)

2. Maxtor HD, BIOS settings, VIA chipset & hdparm

3. In search of Solaris 2.5 Netscape Navigator 3.0 plug ins

4. batch admin under Linux

6. freeWais 2.0 - linux binary ?

7. Suse 7.0; Yast2, kinternet, rc.dialout und ich komme nicht ins Internet

8. Ensoniq Soundscape card

9. Netscape plug-ins on AIX 4

10. what is a INS server?

11. dial ins

12. plug-ins netscape

13. PPP dial-ins refused, OSR-5 with net100