BRU v. arkeia

Post by Yan Seine » Sat, 24 Apr 1999 04:00:00

I've been using BRU for backups, but now I need to back up an NT server
as well.

How does arkeia stack up against BRU?

I like BRU's command line interface.  It's easy to schedule and run.

How similar is arkeia - does it have a CLI for the NT client?  Can you
back up an NT system using a tape drive on a linux box?

and, will arkeia work with my BusLogic adapter (their website is mute on
this - they recommend an adaptec, bu they don't say if they require it).

Thanks.

Yan

BRU v. arkeia

Post by rsimp.. » Sat, 01 May 1999 04:00:00

1) I have not tried BRU yet although I shall be doing so in the next few
days.

2) You can download a demo copy of Arkeia.  I have tried it and it is a very
capable package.  On the basis of emails with the manufacturers of BRU it
seems that Arkeia is much more capable in many areas.  Its ability to backup
NT boxes over the network worked very well for me.  Overall, I was impressed
by Arkeia and would have bought it but for the fact that there was no way to
schedule an automatic incremental backup based on a previous manual backup
(I confirmed this in the course of several emails with Knox).
Unfortunately, that is a capability which I require and which BRU claims to
provide.

Hope that helps,

Richard Simpson
Farnborough, Hants, Uk                 Fax: 01252 392118

I am not aware of any views shared by myself and my employers.