Calendar Manager

Post by Gene Markoze » Sat, 14 Sep 1996 04:00:00

Does anyone know if there is a version of Calendar Manager for Linux?

I'm referring to a Calendar Manager similar to the one for the Sun's.

Thanks in advance.
Gene

Calendar Manager

Post by Holger Kempe » Thu, 19 Sep 1996 04:00:00

> Does anyone know if there is a version of Calendar Manager for Linux?

> I'm referring to a Calendar Manager similar to the one for the Sun's.

> Thanks in advance.
> Gene

I don't know if this is what you are looking for, it is
called 'plan'.

INTRODUCTION

This program combines the functions of the various graphical calendar
tools, and an alarm facility such as calendar(1). In the main window,
a month calendar is displayed, consisting of 28..31 day boxes. Into
each of these day boxes, appointments may be entered that trigger on
that day, at a particular time.

To enter an appointment, click on the daybox the appointment should
go into. An appointment list popup appears. Click on the top "time"
button. A date appears next to it, and there is a cursor in the time
button. Enter a time, such as "11:00", and press Return. Skip the
length button by pressing Return again. Now the rightmost button
has a cursor in it; enter a short description of the appointment
and press Return again. The appointment is now added; you can enter
another one or press Done to exit the menu. The appointment has now
appeared in the day box of the month calendar.

An alternative way of entering appointments is the year calendar. It
is accessible from the Year pulldown menu of the main month calendar.
Its day boxes work exactly like those of the month calendar. Finally,
the week view allows editing appointments by double-clicking them.

In addition to simply adding an appointment by date, time, and note,
various options such as repetitive appointments, advance warnings,
message texts, automatic execution of shell scripts etc. are available
in the appointment list menus.

Appointments can also be entered from the command line, using a
command like

     plan 1015 wake up and go home

The date and time is in date(1) format, [mmdd]hhmm.

When plan started up, it may have complained that no daemon is running,
and offered to start one. The daemon is a separate program that waits
for appointments to trigger, and takes appropriate action when one
does. This means that without the daemon, no alarm will ever trigger.
It also means that this interactive program does not have to run for
alarm triggers, only the daemon always exists.

plan reads appointments from files or from an IP server "netplan". The
File->File list can be used to configure file names and server hosts.
plan does not start netplan automatically; it must already run on the
specified hosts.

--
 _ _ ___ _   ___ ___ ___   _ _  ___ ____  ___ ___ ___

|   | | | |_| | | _|| | / |  < | _|| | | |  _/ _|| | /
|_|_|___|___|___|___|_|_| |_|_\|___|_|_|_|_| |___|_|_| Dortmund, Germany

Calendar Manager

Post by Wayn » Sat, 21 Sep 1996 04:00:00

> > Does anyone know if there is a version of Calendar Manager for Linux?

> > I'm referring to a Calendar Manager similar to the one for the Sun's.

> > Thanks in advance.
> > Gene

> I don't know if this is what you are looking for, it is
> called 'plan'.

> INTRODUCTION

> This program combines the functions of the various graphical calendar
> tools, and an alarm facility such as calendar(1). In the main window,
> a month calendar is displayed, consisting of 28..31 day boxes. Into
> each of these day boxes, appointments may be entered that trigger on
> that day, at a particular time.

<Good stuff snipped>

> --
>  _ _ ___ _   ___ ___ ___   _ _  ___ ____  ___ ___ ___

> |   | | | |_| | | _|| | / |  < | _|| | | |  _/ _|| | /
> |_|_|___|___|___|___|_|_| |_|_\|___|_|_|_|_| |___|_|_| Dortmund, Germany

Does Plan allow me to print out my appmnts in Franklin format?  Just curious.

Wayne
--
Hit any user to continue.

1. Calendar Manager, File Manager, and Screenblank

Hi,

I have several questions, one of which I already posted once, but never got
an answer that worked.
I have a Sparc 10/30 running Solaris 2.2.

1) Using the Openwindows File Manager:  find has never worked.  I can do all my
find files from the command prompt, but I would like to get this working for
users moving from PC's.  Has anyone ever had this work for 2.2?  Do I need
patches?

2) Trying to get Openwindows Calendar Manager to write to calendars I moved
from 4.1.3.  I can browse my old calendars fine, but when I try to insert
new appointments I get a 'You do not have insert access to calendar' message.
I have followed all the trouble shooting guides in the anserbook, i.e. checking
to see file permissions are correct, etc..., all to no avail.  Any help would be
abbreviated.

3) Screenblank: I am using Jef Poskanzer's newest screenblank (Aug25) and
it works great.  My only question is where to put the command so that it is
automatically restarted on reboot.  I have tried to read through the FAQ lists,
but am getting confused.  It seems like I should put a file called S##screenblank
with the command screenblank as its contents.  Is this correct?  What should
## be.  Also what directory(directories?) /etc/rc#.d should this be linked to?

Thanks,
Robert Mentle
Applied Physics Laboratory

2. Carrier Lost Doesn't Remove Task/Reset Modem

3. calendar manager problem

4. linux info and source

5. Calendar manager- is there one for Linux?

6. Red Hat 7.2 install, conflicts with touchpad, keyboard and usb mice

7. Cross-platform Calendar Manager?

8. Socket problem

9. Calendar Manager under Sol 2.3

10. Calendar Manager

11. Restoring Calendar Manager files 2.3->2.4

12. ISO: CDE calendar manager to vcalendar output