RedHat 5.2 (How do you upgrade to 6.0 over the internet?)

RedHat 5.2 (How do you upgrade to 6.0 over the internet?)

Post by Brad Bal » Sun, 13 Jun 1999 04:00:00

I cannot find the instructions on www.redhat.com
Anyone know how to do this?

Brad.

Post by Kenyon Ral » Sun, 13 Jun 1999 04:00:00

> I cannot find the instructions on www.redhat.com Anyone know how to do
> this?

You just start an install (ftp, http, nfs, whatever) like normal, and choose
the upgrade option when prompted.  The option prompt is one of the first
(maybe it is the first?) of the install procedure after you boot from the
boot floppy.

--

1. RedHat 5.2 -> RedHat 6.0 Upgrade Problems

My RedHat 5.2 System worked perfectly!  Now that I upgraded I am having
a few problems, and need someone to tell me where the problem lies.
For starters, when I get connected to the Internet, my cacheing DNS
doesn't work!  I can't do nslookups!  PPP is working b/c when I issue
an 'ifconfig' it reports that the PPP0 interface is up.  The
/var/log/messages reports my ISP's DNS IP as an address for queries.  I
can ping the ISP DNS.  It's almost as if my DNS packets are not being
returned to my computer.  What's the problem?  I use gnome-ppp (part of
the gnome-network-1.0.rpm) to connect (if that makes any difference).
Where is the problem?

Also, I am having problems with ESD with a SoundBlaster 16 PCI card.
Kernel sound support is great.  When I use ESD (like the sound effect
for GNOME or playing MP3's) ESD plays the file really slowly!!! (It's
takes about 6 times as long to play the file)  Is there a way to speed
up ESD's relaying of data to /dev/dsp?  If so how?

Help will be appreciated!  If you need any further information, let me
know.  I will post follow-up messages.  Thanks in advance!

2. FIC PA2013 problems?

3. How to upgrade from RedHat 5.2 to 6.0 ?

4. Adaptec and linux

5. Supplementary disk for upgrading Redhat linux 5.2 to 6.0

6. Up-to-date ISDN config example sort for Teles 16.3 on Suse 6.0 with dynamic IP ISP

7. Upgrade from Redhat 5.2 to 6.0

8. Strange PPP Errors

9. INSTALL Redhat 6.0: yet another 5.2->6 upgrade question:

10. Redhat 5.2 -> 6.0 NFS upgrade woes

11. redhat 5.1->5.2 upgrade over internet

12. Installing RedHat 6.0 over Redhat 5.2

13. Redhat 5.2 vs RedHat 6.0