Colour Tektronix emulation on Linux?

Post by Peter Hil » Sat, 08 Sep 2001 06:50:15

Will the tekterm emulation on Linux emulate the 4111 raster colour
terminal?

The one I have access to at work on a Sun only seems to do black and
white but it could be that our IT service providers have kindly
crippled it!

My 4111 has gone down the pan and I need a replacement that supports
colour.

--
Peter Hill

Can of worms - what every fisherman wants.
Can of worms - what every PC owner gets!

Post by Thomas Dicke » Sat, 08 Sep 2001 21:55:52

> Will the tekterm emulation on Linux emulate the 4111 raster colour
> terminal?

a web search only shows tekterm emulating 4010, which probably isn't
what you want.  xterm emulates 4014, still not.  xgterm enhances that,
adding color - perhaps that would be usable.

--

http://dickey.his.com
ftp://dickey.his.com

1. Tektronix emulation with telnet

Before I switched to Linux, I used DOS NCSA telnet which let me emulate
a tektronix monitor.  I can't figure out how to do the same thing in
Linux.  NCSA would just switch from text mode to graphics mode when the remote
system started tektronix mode.

Any help would be super,
--

  _/     _/  _/  _/  _/ _/_/
 _/     _/_/_/  _/_/   _/_/

2. 2.5.25 net/core/Makefile

3. Tektronix Emulation in Xterm

4. Setting up an ISDN TA

5. aixterm tektronix emulation - busted on 3.2

6. White space in grep command.

7. Tektronix emulation in aixterm

8. Haven't even got as far as lilo!

9. tektronix colour emulator for RS/6000

10. TekTronix Color Postscript printer support on AIX 3.1

11. Gnuplot 3.1, color x11 emulation

12. ANSI emulation in color xterm

13. Colors Colors Colors...