Internal Modem Not Recognized: Any suggestions?

Internal Modem Not Recognized: Any suggestions?

Post by Joseph Arceneau » Wed, 31 May 1995 04:00:00

I have a US Robotics 28.8 internal modem which is configured as COM2 on my EISA
bus.  It is not recognized by Linux' `ismodem' function, called during the
install script.

If anyone has experienced this and resolved the problem, I'd love to hear about
it!

Thanks,
Joe

Joseph Arceneaux

1. Internal Modem not recognized

HELP!

System:
Micron P150, 16MB
Prometheus Cyber Series 28.8K Internal Modem with Voice

The modem works fine under Windoze 95, but Linux refuses to
recognize it.  Under Windoze it is configured (yes by software)
for COM2 and IRQ 10.

Even using setserial to get Linux to look at it the same way doesn't
work.  HELP!!!

--
Bruce F. Press                  | RABA Technologies

410.715.9399                    | "Individuals Committed to Excellence"

2. Simultaneous operation of UDMA drives

3. RH 4.0 and Internal Modem not Recognized; AT&T Chipset: More Information

4. How to extract a substring

5. Internal modem card not recognised

6. Not getting anywhere with Samba

7. suggestions for internal modem?

8. 'lpsched' problem - SOLARIS 2.5.1

9. Internal Modem Suggestions

10. How to recognize the internal modem on X-86 laptop, Solaris 7?

11. Linux won't recognise my internal modem.

12. Mouse not recognized - Suggestions please

13. not recognized as an internal or external command