SNMP tools which use /proc/net/snmp ?

SNMP tools which use /proc/net/snmp ?

Post by Michael Zi » Thu, 15 Dec 1994 00:32:28



Hello,

I'm looking for snmp tools (agent and admin tools).
Is there any agent which use /proc/net/snmp ?

Has someone managed getting isode-tools compiled/installed and
running under linux ?

Thanks
Michael
--
*******************************************************************
* Michael Zill             * Phone : +49 6171 72175               *

*******************************************************************

 
 
 

SNMP tools which use /proc/net/snmp ?

Post by Michael Laus » Sun, 18 Dec 1994 22:46:20




>Hello,

>I'm looking for snmp tools (agent and admin tools).
>Is there any agent which use /proc/net/snmp ?

Yep. The CMU SNMP code was ported to linux and uses the /proc
filesystem. It's available from ftp.ibr.cs.tu-bs.de as
cmu-snmp2.1.2l2.tar.gz. But it only allows reading of SNMP variables,
not setting them.

Quote:

>Has someone managed getting isode-tools compiled/installed and
>running under linux ?

Yes, i did it, except the SNMP agent (see above). If you are
interested i can mail you the diffs or put them in an FTP directory.

>Thanks
>Michael
>--
>*******************************************************************
>* Michael Zill             * Phone : +49 6171 72175               *

>*******************************************************************

--
---
Magic is real unless declared integer

PGP available on request

 
 
 

SNMP tools which use /proc/net/snmp ?

Post by Enrico Badel » Wed, 21 Dec 1994 03:35:39


: Hello,

: I'm looking for snmp tools (agent and admin tools).
: Is there any agent which use /proc/net/snmp ?

If you want a commercial tool for Linux consider

             NetEye (c) Network Management System
             ------------------------------------

NetEye is a complete SNMP  base  network  management  system
that   is   capable   of  supervising  today's  complex  and
geographically-diverse environments.   Today,  networks  are
becoming  an  integral  service  to  all facets of corporate
business even in medium and small companies. In these reali-
ties  implementing a network management system is not always
easy because of the budget required  for  workstation  class
systems  and  DOS based solutions are generally too limited.
We believe that NetEye fills this gap with a low cost  solu-
tion  that  doesn't compromise on functionality and technol-
ogy.

NetEye is based on proven and standard technologies such  as
OSF/Motif,  SNMP  and  relational  database. Key features of
NetEye are:

* Autodiscovery and automapping of all IP based objects.

* MIB Browser to simplify the navigation of  all  MIB-2  and
  private.enterprise variables.

* Trouble ticketing system capable of storing and forwarding
  tickets via email and fax.

* Capture, filtering and storing of SNMP device traps.

* Topological, logical and spatial network views using color
  codes.

* User definable bitmaps to  represent  network  objects  on
  maps.

* User definable alarm and warning thresholds and time plots
  of any number of MIB variables.

* Online hyper help for unexperienced operators.

* Available on many different hardware  and  software  plat-
  forms.

NetEye is currently available on Intel with  Linux,  Solaris
and SCO-ODT, SPARC with SunOS 4.1.x and HP-PARisc with HP-UX
9.0. On Intel systems a minumum of 12  mega  bytes  RAM  are
reccomended  and  a  video card capable of 1024x768 with 256
colors. NetEye currently supports all major RDBMS:  Informix
(SE and Online), Ingres, Postgres and University Ingres.

NetEye is priced at $999  and is delivered worldwide via ftp
upload  or  with 3.5" floppy disks. Documentation includes a
90 page user manual that details all operations and customi-
zations.  The  retail  price  does  not  include support and
ugrades, that are available separately at $450  and  include
one  year of unlimited phone or email support. Upgrades will
be  automatically  shiped  to  customers  with   a   support
contract. OEM and source licenses available.

A special discount of $500 is available to all who will order
NetEye before the end of 1994.

NetEye for Linux is available at no charge to all who  would
like  to  evaluate  it; you will receive, via ftp, the fully
functional product with a one month license. If you  decided
to  purchase NetEye all you will need is a new authorization
code for your installation.

For more information or to request your  trial  copy  please
contact us at

  Soft*Star s.r.l.                  
  Via Camburzano 9                
  10143 Torino                    
  Italy                          

  phone +39-11-746092          
  fax   +39-11-746487          




All trademarks are of whoever owns them.

 
 
 

SNMP tools which use /proc/net/snmp ?

Post by Raj Math » Sun, 25 Dec 1994 14:29:04


    Michael> Has someone managed getting isode-tools
    Michael> compiled/installed and running under linux ?

Compiled ISODE-7.0 (without SNMP) and PP-6.0 on 1.1.48 (as far as I
remember) and gcc-2.5.8. Not running them as I don't know anything
about ISO (hint, hint, anyone know of introductory texts on ISO and
X.400 for someone with a purely IP background?)

The compilation was a bit of a pain, mainly in the yacc/lex specific
parts, but nothing unsurmountable. The SNMP stuff uses mbuf's and will
need major rewrite to use /proc/net/*.
--
---
Raj Mathur                      Senior Manager (Information Services)
                                The Times of India Group
                                Times House, 7 Bahadurshah Zafar Marg
                                New Delhi - 110 002, India
Phone:  +91-11-3719425, 3718844, 3312277 extn 507, 583

 
 
 

SNMP tools which use /proc/net/snmp ?

Post by Joe Rhe » Wed, 28 Dec 1994 17:53:20


Cute package here. Since they offer a free evaluation, there's
no reason why not.

>: I'm looking for snmp tools (agent and admin tools).
>: Is there any agent which use /proc/net/snmp ?
>If you want a commercial tool for Linux consider
>             NetEye (c) Network Management System
>             ------------------------------------
>NetEye is a complete SNMP  base  network  management  system
>that   is   capable   of  supervising  today's  complex  and
>geographically-diverse environments.   Today,  networks  are
>becoming  an  integral  service  to  all facets of corporate
>business even in medium and small companies. In these reali-
>ties  implementing a network management system is not always
>easy because of the budget required  for  workstation  class
>systems  and  DOS based solutions are generally too limited.
>We believe that NetEye fills this gap with a low cost  solu-
>tion  that  doesn't compromise on functionality and technol-
>ogy.
>NetEye is based on proven and standard technologies such  as
>OSF/Motif,  SNMP  and  relational  database. Key features of
>NetEye are:
>* Autodiscovery and automapping of all IP based objects.
>* MIB Browser to simplify the navigation of  all  MIB-2  and
>  private.enterprise variables.
>* Trouble ticketing system capable of storing and forwarding
>  tickets via email and fax.
>* Capture, filtering and storing of SNMP device traps.
>* Topological, logical and spatial network views using color
>  codes.
>* User definable bitmaps to  represent  network  objects  on
>  maps.
>* User definable alarm and warning thresholds and time plots
>  of any number of MIB variables.
>* Online hyper help for unexperienced operators.
>* Available on many different hardware  and  software  plat-
>  forms.
>NetEye is currently available on Intel with  Linux,  Solaris
>and SCO-ODT, SPARC with SunOS 4.1.x and HP-PARisc with HP-UX
>9.0. On Intel systems a minumum of 12  mega  bytes  RAM  are
>reccomended  and  a  video card capable of 1024x768 with 256
>colors. NetEye currently supports all major RDBMS:  Informix
>(SE and Online), Ingres, Postgres and University Ingres.
>NetEye is priced at $999  and is delivered worldwide via ftp
>upload  or  with 3.5" floppy disks. Documentation includes a
>90 page user manual that details all operations and customi-
>zations.  The  retail  price  does  not  include support and
>ugrades, that are available separately at $450  and  include
>one  year of unlimited phone or email support. Upgrades will
>be  automatically  shiped  to  customers  with   a   support
>contract. OEM and source licenses available.
>A special discount of $500 is available to all who will order
>NetEye before the end of 1994.
>NetEye for Linux is available at no charge to all who  would
>like  to  evaluate  it; you will receive, via ftp, the fully
>functional product with a one month license. If you  decided
>to  purchase NetEye all you will need is a new authorization
>code for your installation.
>For more information or to request your  trial  copy  please
>contact us at
>  Soft*Star s.r.l.                  
>  Via Camburzano 9                
>  10143 Torino                    
>  Italy                          
>  phone +39-11-746092          
>  fax   +39-11-746487          



>All trademarks are of whoever owns them.

--
-----                                                                   -----
Joe Rhett                                                       Navigist, Inc.
Systems Engineer                                                (408) 397-5803

*  My opinions are my own, unless they are printed on company letterhead.  *

 
 
 

SNMP tools which use /proc/net/snmp ?

Post by Matthieu Cornillau » Thu, 05 Jan 1995 03:32:33



|>
|> : Hello,
|>
|> : I'm looking for snmp tools (agent and admin tools).
|> : Is there any agent which use /proc/net/snmp ?
|>
|> If you want a commercial tool for Linux consider
|>
|>
|>              NetEye (c) Network Management System
|>              ------------------------------------
|>

Can we find a public domain program somewhere instead ?

---




Fax  : +33 1  45 80 38 21
__
/ortle on IRC

"Ne vous en faites pas Madame, je serai discret comme une hyene"
                                                Papy fait de la resistance

 
 
 

SNMP tools which use /proc/net/snmp ?

Post by Terry Daws » Wed, 25 Jan 1995 06:59:03



>|>              NetEye (c) Network Management System
>|>              ------------------------------------
>Can we find a public domain program somewhere instead ?

The NET-2-HOWTO has details (a little outdated now) of an snmp
agent for linux.

sunsit.unc.edu
/pub/Linux/docs/howto/NET-2-HOWTO

Terry
--

 
 
 

1. /proc/net/snmp and SNMP MIB

We have several Red Hat 5.1 servers in our server pool.  On some of the servers, an snmp query on .iso.org.dod.internet.mgmt.mib-2.tcp.tcpOutSegs.0 will give me a number greater than zero.  On others it will give me exactly zero.  Now, on those that give me zero, I can display /proc/net/snmp and the field for Tcp: OutSegs is greater than zero.  Should there be a correllation between the snmp query and the same field in /proc/net/snmp?  If so, why does that not exist on this machine, or better yet, how can I make it exist?  On the boxes that return a number greater than zero for the snmp query, this number matches the one in the OutSegs field in /proc/net/snmp.

==================================
Posted via http://nodevice.com
Linux Programmer's Site

2. g++ STL and I/O errors with 2.7.2

3. UCD SNMP (Net-SNMP) 4.2.1 on AIX 4.3.3?

4. redirecting HTML automatically to cgi-bin routines?

5. Replacing Sun's SNMP with net-snmp

6. Print filters: LPD and Printcap HP_filter Docs?

7. snmp agent using ucd-snmp-3.5.2

8. DE-200+ D-Link NOT RECOGNIZED

9. TCP/IP, /proc/net, snmp

10. small bug plus fix for /proc/net/snmp (Imcp: field count)

11. Using net-snmp MIBs with Tivoli NetView

12. Using 64-bit counters for traffic accounting in net-snmp

13. Win95 snmp w/linux snmp