Linux Driver for Digicom Modem (Connection 96+)?

Linux Driver for Digicom Modem (Connection 96+)?

Post by David Vitit » Thu, 15 Aug 1996 04:00:00

Hi, I curently use a Connection 96+ modem from Digicom Systems Incorporated.
This modem does *not* work unless a small dos program is run to initialize
the modem's DSP.

I haven't had the time to do it yet, but in the near future I may consider
writting a Linux version of this program.  Currently I must boot to Dos,
initialize my modem, then use Loadlin to get to Linux.  This is getting
rather old.

However, before I write this code, I wanted to check to see if anyone else
has already done this.  So, if someone has, please let me know.

Thanks in advance.....

                                                - Dave (Da Slug)

1. Digicom Connection 96+ Modem 'n Linux???

Hi, I'm using a Digicom Connection 96+ modem.  I used to use a program
(smdl I think) to
initialize the modem, but during my most recent linux upgrade, I managed to
erase my only copy of the program.

I took a look in various places, (Sunsite, etc.) but I have not had any luck
finding it.  Does anyone out there know where I can find a copy of smdl?
Without this, I have to boot into Windoze every time I want to initialize
my modem.

Thanks....

                                        - Dave

2. Wierd kernel rebuild problem

3. Digicom Connection 96+ Modem

4. BT Speedway ISDN PCI card

5. Downloader for Digicom Connection 96+ SoftModem

6. PAM-warn

7. Digicom Connection 14.4+ Linux downloader 1.02

8. wu.ftpd connection refused problem

9. Digicom Connection 14.4+: New Linux downloader

10. Digicom modems with linux

11. Can't print in Slackware 96 -Connection Refused

12. DigiCom Modem with RAM-upgradability - upload under Linux ??

13. Slackware 96 - PPP - Not getting to the modem