Dual-drive dual-boot RH Linux 5.1 & Win95: recommended boot manager?

Dual-drive dual-boot RH Linux 5.1 & Win95: recommended boot manager?

Post by David Sis » Sun, 04 Oct 1998 04:00:00

Hi:

I've got a 266 PII PC with one EIDE hard-drive with Win95 installed.  I want
to add a second EIDE hard drive (probably around 4-6 Gb) and install RH
Linux 5.1 plus some other Linux s/w (like Oracle8.0.5 pre-production
release!  Yew!).  I want to be able to choose which O/S (ie. which
hard-drive) I boot from at power-on.  I'm not real good with hardware and
low-level stuff.  Do I need to purchase a good boot-loader?  Is there one
that anyone would recommend that works very well and is simple (and safe!)
to install for choosing boot between Linux and Win95?

Doubly thankful if you would respond via email as well as posting here!

Thanks and regards,
Dave