Script : Permmission Denied

Post by krunch » Sun, 13 Feb 2000 04:00:00

I am loogged in as root but how com when i want to run a script i get
Permission denied?

Script : Permmission Denied

Post by Bill Voigh » Sun, 13 Feb 2000 04:00:00

Check the script's perms.  Posting them to the newsgroup would help
diagnose.

BV

> I am loogged in as root but how com when i want to run a script i get
> Permission denied?

> --

egrep -v '(celery|broccoli|spinach)' /dev/plate|\
cat - /dev/beer_can|chew|swallow 2>/dev/burp|\
digest 2>/dev/fart >/dev/toilet
:wq

Script : Permmission Denied

Post by Pat Pridge » Sun, 13 Feb 2000 04:00:00

> I am loogged in as root but how com when i want to run a script i get
> Permission denied?

Is it Executable? Do an ls -l "filename" see if it is.  -rwxrwxr-x

--
Pat - La Grande,OR. - ppridgen <at> greencis <dot> net
http://www.greencis.net/~ppridgen

1. Script doesnt write to /etc/hosts.deny

Hello,

I am running snort on my machine (on cable modem) and wrote a script
that appends IP numbers to /etc/hosts.deny. It works great from the
console, but doesn't work when I put the program in crontab.
I also chmoded it to 4755 to run it remotely from a non-root user,
still doesn't want to write to hosts.deny....
What am I doing wrong ?

Thanks, sincerely,

Gil.

2. Problem with dual boot

3. Access denied to CGI Script on Apache

4. PPP Server Problems

5. hosts.deny scripts not working

6. Printer chopping off the end?

7. "useradd" permission denied with Setuid Perl script.

8. Athlon/K7M problems?

9. pppd error : connect script permission denied

10. How to put HTTP/1.1 401 Access Denied to responce in CGI script

11. PLEASE HELP: CGI scripts permission denied

12. Hooking perl script into set of deny rules in iptables?

13. Deny read access but allow execute for script