perl-hacker != c hacker.. Perl5a8+ binary wanted

perl-hacker != c hacker.. Perl5a8+ binary wanted

Post by Adam P. Harr » Thu, 28 Apr 1994 01:50:44

I may be a perl hacker, but I'm not a c hacker.  And as such, I've
been unable to get perl5a8 to compile, notwithstanding the *
new config scripts.  Could someone upload a linux binary,
dynamically linked, to sunsite or tsx or some other publicly-
available archive site?

[p.s.: I know that there's going to be a lot of other required
stuff, like libdld, and libdbm, but hey, just mention it and
leave it to the alpha hackers to straighten out the rest.]

perl-hacker != c hacker.. Perl5a8+ binary wanted

Post by Robert Sande » Thu, 28 Apr 1994 07:15:08

Quote:>I may be a perl hacker, but I'm not a c hacker.  And as such, I've
>been unable to get perl5a8 to compile, notwithstanding the *
>new config scripts.  Could someone upload a linux binary,
>dynamically linked, to sunsite or tsx or some other publicly-
>available archive site?
>[p.s.: I know that there's going to be a lot of other required
>stuff, like libdld, and libdbm, but hey, just mention it and
>leave it to the alpha hackers to straighten out the rest.]

I have perl5a7 (perl5a8 without the metaconfig stuff, which doesn't
work reliably on Linux anyway) compiled and running scripts every
day.  I have implemented dynamic loading using dld and it seems
to work reliably.

I've been looking for some free time to make patches to the
metaconfig stuff in perl5a8 so that it works under Linux, but
haven't found it so far.  Hopefully I will find time to put
together a perl5 package soon as part of the Debian 0.93 contrib
stuff.

--

`*MV' hi,ocie! |-/ad! /   \ss!!  | ooga ooga!!    |    II (cool)!         `VW*'

1. --> Perl Hacker: where are you now that I need ya?

  I have a perl script, fully debugged and working, that needs one
  more KEY function before it can be declared satisfactory.  What it
  already does is converts lightly marked-up _plaintext_, the setext
  (structure-enhanced text), to fully-compliant HTML.  But I need
  one more medium-trivial enhancement to make it what I want: create
  stand-alone mini-hypertexts on the fly.  Imagine, being able to
  pipe a text, that markupwise is not altogether different from what
  you see online, and have it generate an HTML file ready for linking
  to the Web (or one that can be refined further in an HTML or SGML
  editor).  Isn't that as close to the Answered Prayers Dept. as
  you're ever likely to get?  But it won't come about UNLESS
  you, YES, YOU, contribute that missing routine NOW.

  __________________

__Ian "hacking at the other end of the rainbow" Feldman

2. Systems administration shell scripts

3. X386-1.2E-1.0.1 server binary (for hackers only)

4. Powerbook questions

5. Kernel Hacker wanted

6. Question about RewriteCond

7. Wanted: The Hacker's Dictionary

8. Can CGI scripts use server includes?

9. Wanted: Coders, Testers, Hackers, Packagers, Hardware for the InceptionOS Project: A GNU/Linux Distribution

10. HACKERS WANTED FOR CORPORATE CONSULTING

11. Wanted CTERM binary (for Perl)

12. Wanted: Perl 4.0 pl 36 for Solaris 2.2 (binary?)

13. Binaries of gcc and perl wanted: for 2.4