Xconfig Warning

Post by Dhaliwal Bikram Sin » Sat, 15 Jan 1994 15:20:13

About a week ago or so I freaked when X would just crash mys system
when I typed startx (or from xdm).  It was because I decided to be a
wise-ass and mess with the order of clock frequencies in my Xconfig.
Well for a while I thought that I fried my monitor (even though I could
still have text Linux).  Just the same clocks, but in a different
order (the one I actually use first).  Whew, good thing I kept
a backup Xconfig.

But I guess that which hurst us makes us stonger.

-bik

1. xconfig: WARNING - broken Config.in!

Whenever I do a make xconfig (since the '80s), I've gotten the following
message when it hits the sound config screen:

        WARNING - broken Config.in!  CONFIG_AEDSP16 was not declared!

I don't have a sound card (yet), so this doesn't really affect me, but
I've seen no mention of it here, and I thought someone might like to know.

--

                  http://marley.hag.housing.washington.edu/jeffgarr

    A hard heart is no infallible protection against a soft head.
                                     - C.S. Lewis, the Abolition of Man

2. When does a background process complete?

3. XConfig, Xconfig, Xconfig

4. Backing up PC's on a Unix Host

5. Slackware 1.1.0 Xconfig.1M & Xfree86 Warnings (Was Slackware 1.1.0 is good!)

6. A simple poll about man and info

7. <<WARNING>> Another Xconfig request

8. Problems peeking at messages using recvmsg

9. Xconfig with OAK OTI037/Help Xconfig Oak OTI)037 hle

10. XCONFIG: Need a Xconfig for S3

11. Xconfig: Need a Xconfig for ET4000 and screen S26361-K218-V3 (SIEMENS)

12. fctl: [ID 517869 kern.warning] WARNING: 67=>fp(1)::fp_adis c_intr: Perform

13. WARNING THIS IS A DUMB QUESTION: You have bben warned!