NEC Versa Laptop on RedHat 4.0?

Post by Peter Le » Wed, 04 Mar 1998 04:00:00

Hi,

I just bought a NEC Versa2655CDT 150MMX 16MRAM, 1M video RAM, with touch
pad mouse. I created a partition for RedHat Linux 4.0, however I
realized that I didn't know what kind of video chip set and graphic card
I should choose. I tried to find those info in user manual, however, the
only info regarding video is 1M video RAM. The result is I couldn't run
Xwindow and even mouse. Actually I am not sure REdhat 4.0, or even 5.0
support my laptop or not. Can anybody give me some advices???  Thanks in
advance!!

1. NEC Versa Laptop on RedHat 4.0?

Hi,

I just bought a NEC Versa2655CDT 150MMX 16MRAM, 1M video RAM, with touch
pad mouse. I created a partition for RedHat Linux 4.0, however I
realized that I didn't know what kind of video chip set and graphic card
I should choose. I tried to find those info in user manual, however, the
only info regarding video is 1M video RAM. The result is I couldn't run
Xwindow and even mouse. Actually I am not sure REdhat 4.0, or even 5.0
support my laptop or not. Can anybody give me some advices???  Thanks in
advance!!

2. cc

3. RedHat install on NEC Versa 6030 laptop w/ 3com 3c589C PCMCIA enet

4. Num Lock

5. APM or ACPI on a NEC Versa aptitude laptop

6. Installing Linux to a different drive?

7. Installation on NEC Versa 6030x Laptop

8. Strange messages in /var/log/messages (HD failure??)

9. Linux on NEC Versa 2630 CD Laptop

10. Audio on NEC Versa 4000 family laptops?

11. PCMCIA modem and NEC Versa laptop. Help.

12. XFree86 for a NEC Versa SX laptop...

13. Having problems with NEC Versa 4050H laptop install (removable CD-ROM)